Author Topic: 4333 Knight's Castle Micro Set  (Read 4562 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
4333 Knight's Castle Micro Set
« on: July 09, 2011, 20:36:43 »
It was brought to my attention that no one has ever reviewed the micro sets. So since I now have six out of eight, and am very much in love with them, I thought I'd take some time to review them

We start with the front of the box:

And the back:

The box is actually more of a sleeve, containing the plastic box. There is a nice sticker to put on the end of the box for easy identification, if you were to throw away the sleeve. :0

My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: 4333 Knight's Castle Micro Set
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 20:37:16 »
The castle itself comes in four pieces.

Here it is assembled, and it looks almost exactly like its larger counterpart, so cute!

Here is a view of the box itself, featuring a "footprint" of where the castle should go, along with a nice moat and drawbridge, and a neighboring castle showing in the distance.

Here it is with the castle:

In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 20:37:48 »
Now for the smaller pieces.

Mine came with two dragons, obviously a mistake, but I don't mind. :love:

Guards wearing two different colors... i think I may have gotten extras of those too, which is good; I need extras to fight off two dragons!

Jousting knights -- amazingly detailed for being so small!

The children and accesories that came with the set:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 20:38:05 »
And we'll finish with an overview of the children playing with their toys:

Of course, the board has metal under it and all the pieces have tiny magnets that hold them to the board so they don't get lost. The other half of the box, with the backdrop, does not have any metal, so the pieces don't stick there. All in all, it's a great set, highly recommended! My only complaint is that in these first-year micro sets, the children do not have magnetic feet, so the do not stick to the metal board, but that is corrected in later sets. Also, one minor inconvenience is that the castle is slightly too tall for the box, so it must be disassembled to close the box.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 20:54:34 »
Thanks for the great review... I want that one!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 21:08:02 »
aaaaawwww that's so cute! I want all the micro sets!!!!  :hissyfit:
Thank you bb for the review. Can't wait for the rest  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 21:12:42 »
Excellent review, Bonnie; thank you.  (I did actually do all the photos for this set, but then found the ones of the knight figures were out of focus and never got round to doing them again, so thanks for saving me a job!).

You did well getting two dragons and extra footmen.  I just had one dragon, the standard six mounted knights (3 per livery) and two of the pairs of footmen (one pair per livery).

I always thought that the micro sets were a very clever idea and was surprised that they didn't sell better.  As well as the castle, I've got the airport (reviewed here http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=3183.0), the farm, family house, and the harbour.   (I can't remember if I've bought the others!  ???)

Look forward to your reviews of the other micro sets.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 21:15:57 »
Thanks guys... out of curiosity, are all the pictures coming out the same size? On my computer some of the pics are showing up huge, even though they have been resized like the others. ???

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 21:16:44 »
yeah all the same size
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 21:17:53 »
Thanks guys... out of curiosity, are all the pictures coming out the same size? On my computer some of the pics are showing up huge, even though they have been resized like the others. ???

Yes, all the same size but some differences in colour where you've used flash or artificial light.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”