Author Topic: Micro set review - the airport  (Read 4739 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Micro set review - the airport
« on: April 29, 2009, 18:53:37 »
I was in the local toyshop today looking for the new construction theme releases (not in yet) when I saw a display of the microsets and remembered that I'd bought some of these and had photographed them to review them.  So here's the first, the airport.  Other threads will look at the farm, the castle set (now discontinued), the harbour and the house.

All the sets come in a plain blue plastic case in a printed cover.  The case open up to show a printed backdrop and a base to display the contents on.  Small magnets in the figures and buildings mean that these stay in place on the base.  Only the children size Playmobil figures are non-magnetic.

To start, photos of the airport case and front of the slip over cover, the edge of the case and rear of the cover.  Then, the open display case and the child figures.  The backdrop and base show a town scene and runway and car park markings respectively.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 19:15:13 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Micro set review - the airport
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 18:56:50 »
There's one airliner, a terminal building (including a control tower), a luggage tractor and trailer, plus two private cars.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 19:07:26 »
It's quite a busy little airport with six passengers, two each pushing a loaded luggage trolley, plus two couples who look like backpackers.  In addition, there is a pilot and a member of cabin staff. 

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 19:13:47 »
The passengers have presumably come in the two cars with the set, a small saloon and a people carrier. 

The full display shows how everything together and, finally, a photo of the edge of the case with the identifying sticker on.

I'll post the other reviews, and a summary, over the next few days as time allows.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 20:47:16 »
Thank you Gordon for the excellently detailed review of this set! I have been considering buying the entire micro line before they retire, & this has helped seal the deal!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 21:14:20 »
Glad to help, Bill.  My idea in buying them (if they continue to be produced - I'll expand on this in a rounding off thread) is to create a miniature of the Playmobil set up I'd like to have if money and space were unlimited, based around the modern themes (the castle set fits in as part of the heritage of the modern theme).

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 22:46:40 »
Glad to help, Bill.  My idea in buying them (if they continue to be produced - I'll expand on this in a rounding off thread) is to create a miniature of the Playmobil set up I'd like to have if money and space were unlimited, based around the modern themes (the castle set fits in as part of the heritage of the modern theme).

I always thought about having an old steck castle or pirate ship to put my early version TV cameras, microphones, & lights in, to film jousting knights, or dueling pirates making a movie if you will, incorporating the old themes with the new! Making a photo story of making a Playmobil movie on Playmobils level, just an idea!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 04:53:33 »

Very nice review, Gordon ...  :)9

I've often wondered about the "micro" sets.

The grouped mini figures do put me off a bit. I think that I would have preferred having them as individuals, rather than permanently grouped or cast as part of a cart or other vehicle. I realize that they're very small and might not be able to stand easily on their own. However, I would have liked removable bases a lot more than having them inseparable from their mates and/or appliances.

Thanks again, Gordon, for a very informative review.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 20:19:27 »
When I was at Playmobil U.K. the other week I was told that Germany has said that they are not making any more Micro Sets.
There were only a few left at the U.K. headquarters.
So if you went any get them when you see them

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 21:58:03 »
When I was at Playmobil U.K. the other week I was told that Germany has said that they are not making any more Micro Sets.
There were only a few left at the U.K. headquarters.
So if you went any get them when you see them

That's not a surprise to me, Walt.  I'll explain further in the summary thread when I've reviewed all the sets.