Author Topic: Playmobil World MMORPG - Late Summer 2012  (Read 20850 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil World MMORPG - Late Summer 2012
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2012, 16:22:05 »
I hadn't seen this before. It's old, as it still anticipates a 2011 release of the game, but it has some nice images! :) I guess I'll add it here, since this thread hopefully has a collection of all known information regarding the game for anyone who checks it.

I've been signed up for the e-mail notice for around two years now, but I've never received anything. Has anyone else signed up for the notice and actually received something?

Also, it seems that some people are still anticipating the release of the game in October or November. However... the game seems to have been removed from the project list on the Morgen Studios website. :-\ Every time I see images of the game, I think of how cool it would be, so I hope that it's still in development!
~Pynedor~

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2012, 21:16:13 »
Great news to anyone that has been following this: Friendly Playdrine of the PCC has confirmed to me that the Playmobil World project is still active! We may also be finding out some more information about it through the club. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2014, 18:33:49 »
It's been over a year since I've mentioned this topic, but I recently received word back from the PCC staff about the game. I also asked them to make sure that I could post this information here.

A long while ago (about a year ago) I was given this information about the game's status:

The game is continuously being developed further and we are currently working
on version 2.0. We want PLAYMOBIL WORLD to come up to the same high quality that
we have all come to expect of PLAYMOBIL. During the time we have been working on
it, new worlds have constantly been added to it. The entire game world has
become more varied, colorful, interesting and exciting. PLAYMOBIL WORLD will
become a great, varied game in which you can build colorful houses, create your
own furniture, conquer imposing castles and train many different animals. You
will be able to barter, craft, cast spells, fight, join parties and follow
exciting storylines. The game’s control elements have meanwhile been adapted to
the needs of “small” players. We are working on this fantastic project with a
huge team that is completely devoted to it.

Just today I was given this update:

The project is still on the agenda, but has
unfortunately stagnated for several reasons. Nevertheless, [the staff] is confident
that we will be able to continue with the game anytime soon!

This is promising, so hopefully we'll see the game eventually. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2014, 18:41:36 »
 :wave: Thanks for keeping us informed about this, Pynedor!  I will definitely want to participate in this game and I hope they are able to get it finished and launched soon. 
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2014, 20:03:06 »
This would be awesome if it really happens. I remember playing Puzzle Pirates in part because the figures reminded me of klickies.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2014, 03:22:30 »
:wave: Thanks for keeping us informed about this, Pynedor!  I will definitely want to participate in this game and I hope they are able to get it finished and launched soon. 

Sure, I've been trying to keep all known information about it here! :D If it is ever released, I'll be sure to start a band of Playmofriends so we can romp around together.

This would be awesome if it really happens. I remember playing Puzzle Pirates in part because the figures reminded me of klickies.

Ha! That's funny. :lol: I played that game for a bit long ago and loved the puzzle duel-like ship battles when crews boarded each other's ships.
~Pynedor~

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2014, 06:02:28 »
I was a Puzzle Pirates fiend for a few months years ago.  I realized I had a problem after I paid a dude in a bar 5 u.s. dollars for a dog.  Fun game though.
I'm not sure what to make of this Playmobil game.  The playmo fan in me says "great."  The gamer in me thinks it looks pretty rough. 

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2014, 13:49:17 »
Great news . A playmo medieval world to conquer for a virtual  Iseroth then  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2014, 14:43:21 »
Well, the website has been updated slightly. It no longer mentions that the game is planned for a late summer 2012 release. Hopefully this means that work is progressing! ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2014, 15:35:04 »
There's a new game on the website featuring the new tournament knights and ogres. Its quite fun though a bit repetitive, not too easy either! with gold you can purchase better equipment once its unlocked. Animations are very good I must say, though the level design could have used a little more variation.

It's just a fun webgame though, nothing more or less but I gues it gives a little taste of what the MMO could be like.