Author Topic: Playmobil World MMORPG - Late Summer 2012  (Read 6977 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Playmobil World MMORPG - Late Summer 2012
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2012, 07:17:38 »
I know nothing more about the game than has been posted here. I believe the club will be here before the game is though.

Offline Pynedor

• Moderator*
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2012, 11:04:30 »
I know nothing more about the game than has been posted here. I believe the club will be here before the game is though.

That's a good sign, I think. Without concrete dates for either, it's hard to know. :lol:
    ~Pynedor~

Offline ZooKeeper

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2012, 14:34:10 »
I'm not so optimistic about the Playmo-MMORPG. IMHO this game-genre has reached its peak with the hype about WOW two years ago...LEGO Universe was a disaster and not even Star Wars - The Old Republic was a real hit and there's no doubt that the SW-Franchise has a lot more potential (content and users) than Playmobil. The necessary monetary risk for marketing, hiring game-moderators for different languages, maybe replacing the outdated game-engine after nearly two years of development etc. could be too big for Geobra in this insecure times. Furthermore the estimated time, that such a game can fascinate the target group before they discover the "real cool" games, is too short to generate enough revenues.

I may be wrong...at least Duke Nukem Forever was released after 14 years of development...but i think the chances for the PCC to become reality are much better than for this game  :-[
People don't stop playing because they grow old - they grow old because they stop playing.

Offline Pynedor

• Moderator*
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2012, 15:59:13 »
I don't expect this to be a game that has regular updates or anything like that, so I don't think it would be the victim of barrages of angry players demanding updates or anything like other games are. I think it'd be more like a complete game that happens to have an online component, so players can see one another in the game.

I think this simplicity would actually be quite cool, and if there were special "seasonal events" or anything, then that would plenty enough updates for me. It makes the game less demanding on time and thus more fun to play (for me anyway :lol:).
    ~Pynedor~

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2012, 16:12:57 »
I agree. Simplicity has its benefits. I don't have the energy for hardcore gaming.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2012, 16:20:39 »
My thought is that it will be a complete game that may have other players in certain minigames but would primarily exist for single player mode. the reason they would call it MMORPG would be because you would have to be connected to the internet to play (single player or otherwise) it would have RPG quests... and there would be multiplayer events like one on one duels or time challenges... so not a true MMORPG but with a lot of the elements... and a lot easier to manage for the company.
Check out my customs thread in the Customs Gallery, new customs will be added periodically to the same thread.

Offline Pynedor

• Moderator*
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2012, 17:52:56 »
That's what I think too, Baron Marshall. We could create a Playmofriends domination alliance on the game if it ever comes out... :lol:
    ~Pynedor~

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2012, 22:19:03 »
considering that its aimed for children I also expect the developers to not focus on making it addictive and pressuring players to continue playing like with other MMO's.
Gold cost for all items are likely to be cheaper.

Offline Pynedor

• Moderator*
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2012, 19:57:14 »
considering that its aimed for children I also expect the developers to not focus on making it addictive and pressuring players to continue playing like with other MMO's.
Gold cost for all items are likely to be cheaper.

Definitely. It could be cool to have special items that are rarer to make or find though. Maybe we could get a special item for being in the Collectors' Club too! :)
    ~Pynedor~

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2012, 23:46:43 »
I am sure there might be some unique things that are hard to find, like having to complete a quest for it but I don't think there would be a special helmet that has a 3% chance to drop from a certain powerfull boss for example. That boss would drop that helmet all the time I bet.