Author Topic: Playmospace Diorama  (Read 13437 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Playmospace Diorama
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 16:32:39 »
Stunning work, Panos!  I never realised that the old space theme had been so extensive.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 16:37:41 »
Excellent diorama! It is so nice to see such a  magnificent collection of playmo space. Really love the pictures and the klickies inside the space station. I am very touchy when it come to playmo space as i lost almost all of mine in a flood , so its twice great to see such a great display . Really lovely collection Sir Wolf and a great display of space force sir !!!

Finally a classic diorama playmopic , and a new one i should add . lately its been all too quite in terms of fresh dioramas and too much non playmo talk if you ask me . Seeing such great dioramas freshens up this forum

Amazing collection sire !!!!  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 16:42:00 »
Impressive. Your background is awesome too and could be re-used on... a knights' set, maybe?  ;)
Beautiful collection. Is that the complete old Space theme or are there some parts that you still don't have?
A.  
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 17:33:58 »
Thank you all for your positive words, encouraging comments and feedback!  :)

Arnaud, yes these are the complete playmospace series produced. I only miss the Estrela sets, which I wish one day to add to this collection. Also miss the black and blue astonauts. That big loader, next to the drilling site, also has its back load part but it could not fit in the diorama. Originally, I was planning on making the diorama bigger, twice its size actually, cause there are a lot more vehicles in my collection, but I did not have the... space to do so.

Bill, I got the black little robot thanks to Gaston! I love these little guys too  :love: I'd also like to add that red and yellow robot by Estrela to my collection someday.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 19:42:35 »
:love:

They're gorgeous, and seem to be in such great condition - I'm jealous! Mine are missing many helmet "glasses" and such :(

AWESOME moon - is there a "making of"?

I love the scene. It's really great!

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 21:57:44 »
I am in love with this diorama!! It reminds me of days gone by and the wonderful old Playmobil catalogs with extensive, realistic scenes.  :love:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 22:38:58 »
:love:

They're gorgeous, and seem to be in such great condition - I'm jealous! Mine are missing many helmet "glasses" and such :(

AWESOME moon - is there a "making of"?

I love the scene. It's really great!

Since most of you have commented on the great condition of the collection, I have to admit, these are not vehicles or klickies I have since childhood. But I did do a lot and extensive restoration on all of them.

I have dismantled each vehicle I ever got and removed any damaged or discoloured parts, and mixed and match the best parts of those vehicles together, after a thorough cleaning and sometimes whitening process, to create new ones. Same goes for the klickies, I placed the best conditioned accessories on them.

Many playmofriends helped me with parts and/or sold me or traded with me any playmospace vehicles, klickies and accessories they did not need. Bill, Damo, Socrates, Joe are but a few to name! Thank you guys, this would not be possible without your help!!! If I forget anyone, please excuse me, as I've been gathering these stuff for a couple of years now.

All my childhood playmospace were given away to my niece and nephew back in the early 90's so I did not have any left. But I always had a fixation for getting all the original sets and set up a diorama like the ones on the old boxes  :love:

Tahra, so you propose a ''making of''? I'll see what I can do...

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 22:42:14 »
Since most of you have commented on the great condition of the collection, I have to admit, these are not vehicles or klickies I have since childhood. But I did do a lot and extensive restoration on all of them.

I have dismantled each vehicle I ever got and removed any damaged or discoloured parts, and mixed and match the best parts of those vehicles together, after a thorough cleaning and sometimes whitening process, to create new ones. Same goes for the klickies, I placed the best conditioned accessories on them.
I don't usually manage to take them apart... Especially stuff this ancient - and the old klicky cars... I'm afraid to do worse..  :-[  Are there instructions for that?

Tahra, so you propose a ''making of''? I'll see what I can do...

Well, I'm curious to see how you did the terrain... and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one..  ;D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 22:45:18 »
I don't usually manage to take them apart... Especially stuff this ancient - and the old klicky cars... I'm afraid to do worse..  :-[  Are there instructions for that?

I can give you instructions  ;) I must have dismantled about 20 of these vehicles, all types of them, including four space stations... its tricky, yes, but if you are careful and not in haste you can do it.

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 00:10:17 »
Instructions would be especially helpful. I am also leary of taking apart older vehicles. The parts are usually so fragile from age.  :0