Author Topic: Western Diorama for Playmobil Greece  (Read 37112 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Western Diorama for Playmobil Greece
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 00:48:40 »
yeah, and kids sometimes don't have as much coordination yet as we do.... in other words, they're clutzes! They're growing fast and have frequent phases where their feet are bigger than they think they are or their arms are longer than they think, and well, they trip and bump into things and knock things over without trying. Combine that with being rather impulsive about not thinking before they reach out and touch, and you have a lot of fallen klickys. ;)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 01:34:53 »
I am amazed that ANY Klickies were still standing up after five minutes....the domino effect is so overpowering. When you take it down, could you get a video camera ready and record them falling in a row? That should be something cool to see!

During my 5302 family reunion, anytime I got near the mansion, most of the Klickies fell on their faces. It is good they did not have noses to break! Very annoying. Luckily the house is built with a wide open back that is relatively easy to access, because my hands and movements are kind of jerky at times and knock many things over.

I hope that PM learns from your diorama that this could work in other FP around the world...that could be a great outlet for the more experienced builders (definitely not mois!) to show off some of their fine works.

Congrats again on such a fine work of art...you guys really raised the bar for the rest of us, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 06:24:22 »
You do not have your own kids yet do you  :lol: kids, especially boys learn so much through touch and action/reaction, like if they bump the table the klickies fall, its science  ;D

It is easier to imagine if George was in a Ferrari dealership with all the cars were open and he was not allowed to touch or get in, could you imagine the fits of rage  :lol: kids in a candy store  ;)

No kids yet but thank  god the den has a key and i only have it  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reference the ferrari  dealership i used to live  7min away from the ferrari dealer of UK and pass its premises daily commuting to work . I test drove about 7-8 of them at least and i can only say they are by far the best sound cars in the world especially when fitted with Tubi exhaust systems and they are the only cars ( apart from fireegines ) that look perfect in red . favourite are the V12 ones , these are the reall ferraris imo
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 06:36:17 »
You do not have your own kids yet do you  :lol: kids, especially boys learn so much through touch and action/reaction, like if they bump the table the klickies fall, its science  ;D

I can understand that but then again there are plain nasty kids whose parents have unbelievably spoiled them and that same parent wont even bother to tell the kid ''please dont touch! I really liked the majority of parents around the display saying to their kids ''look but dont touch! these good gentlemen tried to set it up for hours so you could look at it!''

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 06:40:38 »
I am very concerned about losing one or more of the pegs of the cannon carrying wagon and or the wagon connectors being damaged, i will be going tomorrow to the funpark to see what has happened etc , i have this sinking feeling that it wont be as when set. i adviced playmobil to put some restrict access rope around it  with poles  at a distant of no less that  0.5m  to keep it all  intact but i dont think they liked this idea ...  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 06:46:51 »
I'll give them a call in a while to express the same concern.

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 08:18:53 »
I have spoken to Mrs Efraimidi yesterday and i have reported to her all these accidents and she told me that she will managed to find something about the security of the diorama.Also he said to me that she from the management the 100 m2 room for us.She was very exited about our diorama and she have order western stickers for the bottom of the diorama.
I think that thi was our first diorama and everyone was not ready 100% prepared.They will have maintnance today so they might fix the problems.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 08:31:36 »
I have spoken to Mrs Efraimidi yesterday and i have reported to her all these accidents and she told me that she will managed to find something about the security of the diorama.Also he said to me that she from the management the 100 m2 room for us.She was very exited about our diorama and she have order western stickers for the bottom of the diorama.
I think that thi was our first diorama and everyone was not ready 100% prepared.They will have maintnance today so they might fix the problems.

Good , I am goign to the fun park on tue or wed to buy some much needed sets for my mediaval set up and will have alook on our diorama etc etc  :).  I am already thinking of our nextg diorama for playmobil greeceto be honest , eitehr pirates or romans/ egyptians !!! thoughi think the first will be more impressive !!!! then again setting up my 320 leggionaires ...  :love: :love: :love:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 08:34:48 »
Well either being pirates or romans it will be awesome. I dont have many romans but i can set up my six galleons ... also prepared a custom roman admiral  :love:

Angelo, happy to hear they will increase security and take good care of the diorama!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 08:40:06 »
Angelo, happy to hear they will increase security and take good care of the diorama!!

Yeap thast great news, i was about to call Mrs Effremidi and offer to sent a couple of heavies of my uncle's construction business to guard our diorama !!! 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:    ( only kidding !!!! )