Author Topic: Our Exhibition Poster  (Read 6607 times)

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
Re: Our Exhibition Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 20:16:50 »
Very good poster. I'm sure it will very clear to everybody what it is about!!
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 20:49:25 »
Great poster, Elaine, and great work by Junior.

You could probably overcome the problem of the white background if you used a Kodak Gray (their spelling) Card or equivalent.  You stand this up at an angle of about 45 degrees in front of the display take the exposure from it and then focus on the scene, keeping the exposure the same (most digital cameras have an exposure lock).  Everything should then come out right.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 00:40:55 »
Great poster, Elaine, and great work by Junior.

You could probably overcome the problem of the white background if you used a Kodak Gray (their spelling) Card or equivalent.  You stand this up at an angle of about 45 degrees in front of the display take the exposure from it and then focus on the scene, keeping the exposure the same (most digital cameras have an exposure lock).  Everything should then come out right.

I'd never heard of this Gordon, but what a good idea.  I'll look out for this for next time I need such a background - Junior suggested a green background so the klicky would stand out for me to go round with white. 
I mistakenly didn't crop round the jester first and it took me about 3 hours to fill in the white background only to realise that I need not have filled in as much as I did!  I cropped the lady klicky photo first and it took a fraction of the time.

Elaine  :)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 06:00:50 »
I'd never heard of this Gordon, but what a good idea.  I'll look out for this for next time I need such a background - Junior suggested a green background so the klicky would stand out for me to go round with white. 
I mistakenly didn't crop round the jester first and it took me about 3 hours to fill in the white background only to realise that I need not have filled in as much as I did!  I cropped the lady klicky photo first and it took a fraction of the time.

The gray card itself is only 10ins by 8ins and so it isn't the background.  Because you have a white background, this causes the camera to think the light is brighter than it is and so it gives less exposure, making the colours dull and muddy.  Take the exposure from the gray card and lock it in the camera and the camera then thinks it is looking at an average scene and so the colours come out right even with the white background.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 00:44:54 »

Great Poster, Elaine !!!

I want to go and "relive my childhood" ...  :klickygrin:

My only criticism might be to add, "bring your grand parents" ...

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 01:24:29 »

Hi

Well actually Richard that is a great critique. If the Grandparents do go with their grandkids and see what I assume will be an amazing diorama the kids will surely want some of their own Playmobil. Now we all know how easy most Grandparents give in to the pressures of grandkids so off to the toy-store for hopefully the start of a new collection  ;)

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 01:41:21 »
Very nice poster Elaine! I like it very much!  :love: Good luck with the exhibition.
Oh and great tips from Junior also.

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 22:24:00 »

Great Poster, Elaine !!!

I want to go and "relive my childhood" ...  :klickygrin:

;D ;D ;D

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 03:35:46 »
Wonderful poster Elaine! ;D
I too can hardly wait for pictures of the exhibit! :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 11:08:39 »
Many thanks for all your comments and good wishes.  :)9
We start setting up on Monday - I'm really looking forward to that but can't help panicking about where everything will go.
Running about a bit like a headless chicken at the moment though, trying to do lots of things at once and not achieving a lot.  8}  ::)
As we speak Sandy is transfering the 500 + catalogues and cd's that Playmobil have sent me, along with loads of Posters - May have some posters spare after the event if anyone is interested.
Will post pics of the setting up   :camera: if  a) anyone is interested
                                                            and
                                                            b) I have time to spare!  :lol:
Must dash ... got some customised Western buildings to put together!  :)