Author Topic: On the Giza Plateau...  (Read 10422 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: On the Giza Plateau...
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2010, 12:35:18 »
WOW !!!!!!!

I have just seen these !!!! Awesome!!! Very pleased i saw these today , lovely set up and pics Sir wolf you are setting some very high standards !!!!

This story was actually captivating !!!!! ]

i bought a few hours ago my egyptians, cant wait now to set them all up now in a couple of weeks  !!!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2010, 12:53:42 »
WOW !!!!!!!

I have just seen these !!!! Awesome!!! Very pleased i saw these today , lovely set up and pics Sir wolf you are setting some very high standards !!!!

This story was actually captivating !!!!! ]

i bought a few hours ago my egyptians, cant wait now to set them all up now in a couple of weeks  !!!!!

Oh you hav enot seen it yet? Well glad you enjoyed it!! I had it planned for a long time now!!!
Next one must be a roman siege of the pyramids....
Have fun with your egyptians!!! I will also get a couple of more boxes...

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2010, 14:29:54 »
Great Photostory Wolf Knight!  :clap: :clap: :)9 :)9 <:> <:> :wow: :wow: :egypt:

This definitely goes into my favorite top ten Playmofriends photostories.

I think this is the first full story we've had on Playmofriends in the Egyptian theme (i.e. not just photos of sets or collections) and it's great! I'm pleased the bandits were exiled and not sealed up alive in sarcophagi, we all know how that ends up.

The floor works well as a background, the photography is well lit and focussed throughout, the story cracking along at a good pace. Your customs blend in and only a fanatic (i.e. Playmofriend) could spot that they weren't original figures. I don't know where your queen's body & legs come from, but they fit the context well.

There are two schools of design in Photostories, one which creates realistic backgrounds and eliminates all human elements (which I dub the Realist School), and the second that focusses on the klicky action and lets the mind's eye blot out and extraneous details (which I dub the Mentalist School). I lean heavily towards the Mentalist process, partly because it's easier, cheaper and quicker to accomplish a photo story when you don't have to spend weeks setting up, but mostly because that's how children play, letting their imagination fill in the details, following the original thinking of Hans Beck.

I applaud the Realists who have the patience to get every detail right (Tiermann, Playmofire and PlaymoVictorian's photostories are in this school, to name just three of the top of my head), but just as much I enjoy the "quick and dirty" Mentalist stories, which include Rasputin, you and myself.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2010, 15:36:26 »
Hi Martin!!!  :wave: :wave: :wave:

So glad you enjoyed this photostory! I consider it my first concluded attempt! I have more of them planned, and already taken a few photos of them but nothing complete, or concluded as this one. Lack of space, time, resources...

Good to know of the different schools too!! I definately like to present them photostories in a Mentalist method, but some of my other stories you would classify them as Realist! You'll see what I mean in the not-so-near future...

As for the egyptian queen, she is actually the special 4546 - Nile Queen, but with different head, hair, and feet  ;) ! You see even a minor change on the klicky can make things much better!!

Thank you for your feedback once again!!! Much appreciated!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2010, 10:27:46 »
A very good story Sir Wolf !!!!!!!!!! I read through it once again. Actually reminds me of a western spaggheti story , tarantino style.. very good !!!!

:clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2010, 00:05:25 »
Thanx for pointing me in the right direction. It was def worth it to stay up for this.

Awesome work again. Great story great shots!!!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2010, 01:04:10 »
 :)9

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2010, 02:53:55 »
Great story. The Egyptians are so cool. I'm gradually acquiring them in spite of myself...  :egypt:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2010, 05:15:36 »
Thank you Gis, hadoque and bonniebeth!!!

I'll be working on more egyptian/roman scenarios...when time allows... ;)

Offline Mina

• Playmo Fanatic
    • our Playmoblog
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2010, 15:22:18 »
greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!

I love the story :) and the pics are beautiful!!

(I dunno where I'd be able to store 3 pyramids ??? )
I don't wanna grow up!

http://playmolocle.romandie.com/ -- our Playmoworld

http://moonymina.deviantart.com/ -- my non-playmo creations