Author Topic: 4820 turntable ladder custom work  (Read 9912 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 4820 turntable ladder custom work
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 14:50:47 »
Fantastic custom work as always playmofire :wow:

and i much prefer using a hosting site as it allows more detail than the thumbnails. The turntable ladder is fantastic and reminds me of the Scania Metz ladders Strathclyde Fire Brigade used. I've seen a few real close up at house fires when i worked in Glasgow. The detail on the new Playmobil ladders look so much more realistic than the old ladder series, though i still liked those ladders as well.

Abbot Hamilton

Thank you, A H. A friend of mine was an ADO with Strathclyde for some years before he became Fire Master at Dumfries and Galloway.  Unfortunately, I never had the chance to visit him when he was with Strathclyde to see the equipment there.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 14:57:37 »
This looks another fantastic and detailed custom Gordon.  :clap: :wow: :clap:
Like Gis says, for us non experts it would be good to see what it looked like before!
I have just noticed one thing which I'm afraid never occurred to me before  :-[
I hadn't realised that the number plates on vehicles showed the year of production and set number - has this always been so?

Elaine

Thank you, Elaine, there are some before and after shots below.

Yes, PM cleverly use the number plate as a record of the set number and year of issue.  Originally, PM used "proper" German number plates, for German towns and switched to the year/set number maybe when Playmobil became more international in its markets.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 15:01:32 »
Here are some before and after photos, well the one of the roof lights on the 4820/4821 shows before (on the right) and after (on the left).  The others show the 4820 locker stowage before the custom changes in this topic.

First, the lights.

And now the locker looking at the right hand side

and then the left hand side

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 15:07:56 »
I also tried an alternative system using a hose reel holder with the carrying handles cut off which made things a bit tidier still not as efficient as it is now with the two slide out trays and the rear mounted hose reel.

Here they are, right hand side first

and then the left

The fact that the hose reel is now on the other side isn't significant - it's just the side I put it on.

Last of all, a rear view before the hose reel was fitted:

Thanks for the suggestion of "before and after" Gis and Elaine.  I shall try and do this in future.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 00:32:46 »
Thanks for that Gordon.
I thought at first that it was carrying two stretchers then realised that it was the same one from opposite ends.  Does the lower compartment go all the way through too, or just the stretcher compartment?
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 06:07:01 »
The whole compartment goes all the way through, Elaine.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 09:57:18 »
Thank you, Gis, for your comments.  I have posted some before and after photos below. 

How about getting immersed in the fire brigade?  Every zoo needs a fire engine!

I am sure that my wife would not be amused if I would start on one more theme and I am sure my son would come to the rescue with his fire engine (3781 I think) if needed :-)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 18:41:45 »
You know what? With all these great reviews and customs Gordon made me buy this!!! 4822 - Fire Chief's Car

I bought it last monday before leaving for Constantinople! Congrats Gordon on turning a new convert!!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 18:56:04 »
You know what? With all these great reviews and customs Gordon made me buy this!!! 4822 - Fire Chief's Car

I bought it last monday before leaving for Constantinople! Congrats Gordon on turning a new convert!!!!

Congratulations on joining the fire theme.  I'm pleased to know that my thought powers are so great.

"Panos, you will buy the 4822; Panos you will buy the 4822!"

Next time I will try:

"Panos you will buy the 4821 and send it to me!"

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 19:25:48 »
Congratulations on joining the fire theme.  I'm pleased to know that my thought powers are so great.

"Panos, you will buy the 4822; Panos you will buy the 4822!"

Next time I will try:

"Panos you will buy the 4821 and send it to me!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am under a fire spell!!!!  :D