Author Topic: A hard to find Circus tool for the knife thrower  (Read 5424 times)

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
A hard to find Circus tool for the knife thrower
« on: October 28, 2005, 16:25:17 »
I think this forum is a good place to put photos of hard to find/strange pieces that have already been identified.

From this set 3545, the knife thrower is a cool addition.
He has a special tool to hold the knives, and one special knife that has a handle on the blade

The first photo is a photo of the knife holding tool.  It is shaped like a D and has a small handle.  There is a groove along the straingt edge to hold the knifes

The second photo is a photo of the tool and knives the knife at the left is a grey knife. The knives included with this set were even lighter in color than gray.  The two knives at the right are original knives.  The middle one still has its handle and is the knife that the thrower has in his hand.  The knife on the right has lost its throwing handle.

The last photo shows the tool being used with black knives.  I didnt have enough white knives when I took this photo.

Also, for perfectionists/obsessive-complusives, I recently got this set MIB.  It was a later issue and the figures all had movable wrists.  The whip that was included was not the light gray/white whip as appears on the box cover, but the normal brown whip found in many sets.

The thumbnail pics can be clicked on to get full size photos
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 05:07:00 by Meg »

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Re: A hard to find Circus tool for the knife thrower
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 17:27:27 »
Thanks for the great photos Meg! This is indeed a hard piece to obtain.

You are so lucky to have a MIB set (though I'm sure I'd open mine....no self-restraint!  :-[)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 17:41:43 by Psyche »
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 09:51:15 »
I have allways wondered how the guy could hold the knifes the way he does on the box. But this explains it  ;D Thanks for posting the pictures.

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 16:07:13 »
Wow, that is cool.  I'm always impressed with the detail in Playmobil.  I love the Shepherd with the spade/staff.
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 05:05:10 »
Kristian,
I was also puzzled by that problem, too
I found this piece in an odd lot that I had purchased on Ebay and wasnt even sure it was playmobil.  Luckily, I am a pack rat comcerning plastic pieces, these days ;)
When I realized what it was, I had to go searching for it in a big box of stuff, and eventually found it.
I was very proud of myself for not throwing it away.

Serenity,
I agree with you that shovel spade thing is a great accessory for the shepherd.

I need to get the camera out and post some other cool circus accessories, from the acrobats.

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 06:46:46 »
Meg you are the only one I know with that part! Can I have it if you get hit by a bus?  :D
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 16:15:05 »
I can see that written as a codicil in my will

"and to my friend Diana ******, i leave a tiny little plastic part that is in my playmobil collection. 
it looks like this."

the executor of my estate would be thrilled with task ;)  8} :lol:

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 17:43:00 »
I can see that written as a codicil in my will

"and to my friend Diana ******, i leave a tiny little plastic part that is in my playmobil collection. 
it looks like this."

the executor of my estate would be thrilled with task ;)  8} :lol:

I'm so touched!  :'(  (Watch out for buses...especially if I'm driving!  >:D )