Author Topic: Problem with typing  (Read 5259 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Problem with typing
« on: March 01, 2010, 18:21:29 »
Hi,
I seem to have a problem that when I am typing out a post, I can only ever type so far, and the typing box keeps jumping up to the top every time I press a key so that I can't see what I am doing (thus why I have been posting in so many sections)

Is this an actual problem or something that happens normally, only that it is really annoying that I can't get everything that I want to say on one post :(

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: Problem with typing
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 18:31:27 »
It happens to me all the time... so I assume it is normal.
You can continue typing, but you wont be able to see what you write.
After you are done typing out a sentance scroll down with the little scroller and check for mistakes.
Then repeat.
It can get a little annoying, but working around it is not so hard.
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 19:27:46 »

I've never experienced this myself, but I can see how it would be very annoying for you.

Are you working within a window smaller than maximum page size? Maybe maximising the window will solve it.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 20:17:51 »
I haven't met this problem either.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 20:44:26 »
HI

This glitch is less than a month old. I have been seeing it happen on my Mac. Yes it is very annoying.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 22:25:21 »
I thought it was just me!  I am glad to know I am in good company with this problem.   :wave:  It only occurs for me when the length of the post (including any quotes) takes me past the size of the message box in the reply window.

I have been wondering if it is a browser issue as I recently downloaded the latest version of Internet Explorer.  I have just tried coming to PF via Firefox and it doesn't seem to be a problem there, so maybe it is, indeed, an issue with Internet Explorer.   ???

U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 22:36:07 »
We have just recently downloaded the new internet explorer (8 I think) so that could well be the problem as I remember it used to be fine and I have the exact same syptoms as you Indianna.

[/quote]

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 22:36:42 »
I thought it was just me!  I am glad to know I am in good company with this problem.   :wave:  It only occurs for me when the length of the post (including any quotes) takes me past the size of the message box in the reply window.

I have been wondering if it is a browser issue as I recently downloaded the latest version of Internet Explorer.  I have just tried coming to PF via Firefox and it doesn't seem to be a problem there, so maybe it is, indeed, an issue with Internet Explorer.   ???

I use Firefox.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 23:42:16 »
I deffinatly beleive it is Internet Explorer because I just downloaded it too! :lol:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 00:41:52 »
I haven't had this happen when I've been typing, but Junior has and we use the same computer  :hmm: 

I have just tried coming to PF via Firefox and it doesn't seem to be a problem there, so maybe it is, indeed, an issue with Internet Explorer.   ???

I am totally baffled - I presume we have internet Explorer but how do I know what I come to PF via? and how would I get Firefox? 

Elaine (Mrs Totally Computer Illiterate!) :-[
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 01:09:47 by skypurr »
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).