Author Topic: New 2010 sets, some details  (Read 42952 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: New 2010 sets, some details
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2010, 01:52:03 »

Lucretia - playmo-cat@web.de - demanded that I remove the pictures of 4865 and 5302 from PlaymoDB, so they're gone.  If anyone finds other pictures that I may use, please contact me at playmodb@gmail.com , so everyone may see them.

Wonder why "Lucretia" keeps posting these pictures if she doesn't want anyone to see them? ...  :eh?:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2010, 02:00:21 »

Wonder why "Lucretia" keeps posting these pictures if she doesn't want anyone to see them? ...  :eh?:

Hi Richard

Maybe she does not want Playmobil to put her on the black list for sharing the pictures too early  ???

The boat is fugly , what the heck is that thing that opens on the side, and why is there a space themed plane on top of it.  I know my boys will look past the design and still want it but I think that weird looking design lady lost her glasses for this sets approval meetings.

The plane car, come on Playmobil you were supposed to be the one company grounded in reality for modern and historical themes, what next ? all the themes are going to be influence with fantasy . This just seem like a desperate move to tap into this short lived trend.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2010, 02:33:04 »
Thanks for the new pic Erik.  I like the klickie driving. ;D  The car.... eh. Reminds me of the toy line from the 80's called MASK, where every vehicle turned into a different vehicle or had hidden guns, missiles, etc.

Hi El Jefe

I had so many of these MASK sets and it really does look so similar to them  :lol:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2010, 02:46:06 »
I wonder if the yurt in the background is a planned set? That'd be a great item, especially if it had a Mongolian family included, and we'd be buying a lot of those to make nomad villages.

I'm wondering the same thing too, Martin.  That yurt could be used as a round hut for various "barbarians" for the Roman and Medieval themes as well as African huts.

Regarding the new castle, as others have posted, it looks like it's System X albeit with large pieces, so I don't know how customizable it will be.  I really like the heraldry, the new shield shape, and the knight.  I also very much like the portcullis, which is a first for Playmobil, I think.  The walls are a new mould, being of rough cut stone and not the neat blocks of the previous castle.  I'm not sure I like this, but it's something different.

I like the new house a lot.  It's more in the French style, which is a nice change.  The klickies, however, are modern, so I'm guessing the furniture will be the same, which is a shame.

The new spy theme looks like hideous Fischer Price!
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2010, 02:55:20 »
Hey Ras  :wave:
I too had a buttload of MASK, except the semi,  :'(
I just can't figure out why PM wants to go in such a goofy direction.  The fact that most Playmobil doesn't transform or split into two, or have hidden missiles is WHY I LOVE IT! :love:
What other toy has the scope of PM? I guess that's the saving grace, they're will always be something cool coming out  ;) and at the end of the day it's a kid's toy and kids like goofy vehicles that split into two and shoot missiles.  

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2010, 03:09:32 »
I'm wondering the same thing too, Martin.  That yurt could be used as a round hut for various "barbarians" for the Roman and Medieval themes as well as African huts.

Hi Martin and Justindo

This is not the first time that Hut has shown up in the background of a set picture. I do not remember when or what set but I will look around for it . If it was in a similar theme then who knows, maybe a new theme is on the way for 2012

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2010, 03:22:46 »
Hi Martin and Justindo

This is not the first time that Hut has shown up in the background of a set picture. I do not remember when or what set but I will look around for it . If it was in a similar theme then who knows, maybe a new theme is on the way for 2012

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Hi Rasputin,

The hut or yurt was featured in the background of the Cossack Soldier Special 4683.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2010, 03:33:37 »
If the new big castle is System X, and can be combined with the older System X castle then it might have some promise, but it looks horribly like it comprises extra-large pieces, giving less and less modularisation.

It's the hideously big keep sections I most dislike about the Knights' Empire Castle. All the same, I'll probably buy one of these castles when they hit the US.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2010, 04:24:18 »
A descent castle! ... Wow!

I'm happy that it's steck anyway :P :-)

-x-

(Someone spoke about the klickys of the "Victorian" mansion not to be Victorian. It's because there is no Victorian theme anymore. That house is simply an old house in the modern city. That's the conception of the Dollhouse theme, since it began to stray.)

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2010, 10:02:57 »
Lucretia - playmo-cat@web.de - demanded that I remove the pictures of 4865 and 5302 from PlaymoDB, so they're gone.  If anyone finds other pictures that I may use, please contact me at playmodb@gmail.com , so everyone may see them.

Why does "lucretia" post them than in the first place?We're only happy to see what's coming,that's all. ???
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!