Author Topic: 2009 new knights  (Read 7296 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 2009 new knights
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 19:14:39 »
and another picture.
... ooops, i am sorry, this is the 2007 plasma dragons castle assault from megablocks.  :hmm:
my mistake.
  :-[

Nice one :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Saskia

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 21:27:51 »
I really really really like the dragons. (did I mention that I really like them  ;))

As for the rocks and towers. They look like cheap plastic to me, I'm hoping that they'll look better when I see them for real.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 23:25:24 »
I'm afraid the structures scream Fisher Price  :no:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 01:59:48 »
The towers look exactly like some toys already at Target. 

I like the dragons too, even if they are almost too evil looking to fit Playmobil's style.

Notice the guy with the hood.  Also, I like the platemail barding on the horse.  It resembles 15th century armor.

Offline GRANT

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 01:31:40 »
 :( I have to say that none of these new sets really excite me at all. It doesn't look like you can make different setups with these towers and rocks. I know system-x isn't as popular as steck. But at least you can make different things out of both of them. I don't think i'll buy any of these sets which saddens me. :'(

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 05:02:48 »
Initially, I'd have to say I'm dissapointed with the decision to go with a fantasy theme. There's too much of that available elsewhere. The toy world needs solid, quality historical toys. Real life is always more interesting than fantasy anyways. I'll reserve final judgement until I see them first hand... ho hum.
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 08:05:05 »
Initially, I'd have to say I'm dissapointed with the decision to go with a fantasy theme. There's too much of that available elsewhere. The toy world needs solid, quality historical toys. ...

I agree with you totally, Gloobey. But I am afraid that fantasy sells  :'( and Geobra goes where the money is. I think we can't really complain too much - after all; they did bring out the Romans and the Egyptians. And I am no way sure that these themes were/are a great succes ...

Bogro

... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 17:51:20 »
I can be optimistic and think that perhaps this fantasy line is a hedge for the more historically correct lines, just as a bar will 'carry' a restaurant these fantasy lines which may be more financially lucrative can 'carry' lines with more depth but less marketability. :)

Gepetto

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, 10:30:18 »
Thanks Gepetto for your words of encouragment  ;)  :love:
Hopefully you are right.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, 13:58:45 »
Like most of us who collect the Knights theme, I'll be taking bits from this theme and adding them to my existing knights theme.

I haven't got room or need for another set of castles or towers, and have a perfectly expanded good Rock Castle for the naughty knights.