Author Topic: Do you buy too much Playmobil? How much is too much?  (Read 16407 times)

Offline Arizzo

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Do you buy too much Playmobil? How much is too much?
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 19:45:11 »
If you are applying for the position of "Playmobil Guard" ... Sorry, Arizzo ... The position has already been taken ... :)

Hi Richard,

well, being a "Guard" for your Playmobil wasn't exactly what I meant ....  :P

Cheers
Arizzo
Cheers
Arizzo

You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters. hehehe

Well I haven't written much lately, you say?
So what! Neither has Shakespeare!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 20:09:56 »
Hi Richard,

well, being a "Guard" for your Playmobil wasn't exactly what I meant ....  :P

Cheers
Arizzo

Did you want to be a "prisoner," Arizzo ... ???

If so, then you will have to talk with this fellow ...
please see attachment

Offline Arizzo

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 21:29:45 »
Hi Richard

Prisoner? Well, sort of - for a short time ... I'm sure the guard can be bribed ... he he he  :lol: :lol:

cheers
Arizzo
Cheers
Arizzo

You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters. hehehe

Well I haven't written much lately, you say?
So what! Neither has Shakespeare!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 01:47:38 »

Hello, Arrizo ...

Prisoner? Well, sort of - for a short time ... I'm sure the guard can be bribed ... he he he  :lol: :lol:

Bribed ... ??? Look at that smiling face and decide for yourself about whether or not this Prison Guard can be bribed ... :)
see attachment

All the best and good luck,
Richard

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2007, 18:59:48 »
Hello, Arizzo ...

If you are applying for the position of "Playmobil Guard" ... Sorry, Arizzo ... The position has already been taken ... :)
see attachment

Hi Richard, is that seriously the security guard for your estate?  Make him dress like a Playmobil! 

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 01:22:08 »

Hi Richard, is that seriously the security guard for your estate?  Make him dress like a Playmobil! 

:)   ;)   :D   ;D    :lol:

Offline playmoed

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 11:54:18 »
NO, NO, TIM (Tiermann) !!!

The "list" wasn't posted to encourage you or to even make anyone feel better. It was posted to help STOP the madness ... before it's too late!

I am literally a prisoner of my Playmobil addiction! I can't stop collecting those little smiling klicky faces! Don't let this happen to you too ...  8}

Help me ... I think that I'm turning into Klickyman ... or maybe Klickyricky ...  :o
(see attachment)
Hi Richard,

Quite a list you have there and I thought I had a crazy collection (over 1500 related Playmobil items). I am a misb collector, they are even crazier than the average Playmobil nut, because they don't open it, they don't play with it, all they do is displaying it if there's still space around. I have noticed that you have a quite a lot of Schaper sets (are they all misb ?), so my question is you're probably from the US, where else can you build up such a large collection of Schaper sets ? I have quite a few Schaper sets myself, but all were bought on ebay. I'm still looking for the beautiful blue and black Schaper displays from the seventies. I have 2 Schaper dealer catalogs in which those displays are featured. I have never seen them on ebay, do you have them ?

Greetings,

Eddy

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2007, 12:34:36 »
Hi Richard,

Quite a list you have there and I thought I had a crazy collection (over 1500 related Playmobil items). I am a misb collector, they are even crazier than the average Playmobil nut, because they don't open it, they don't play with it, all they do is displaying it if there's still space around. I have noticed that you have a quite a lot of Schaper sets (are they all misb ?), so my question is you're probably from the US, where else can you build up such a large collection of Schaper sets ? I have quite a few Schaper sets myself, but all were bought on ebay. I'm still looking for the beautiful blue and black Schaper displays from the seventies. I have 2 Schaper dealer catalogs in which those displays are featured. I have never seen them on ebay, do you have them ?

Greetings,

Eddy

Hello, Eddy ...

I am not an MISB collector. However, I do save all the boxes which ARE in mint condition. And, many of the sets that I have are MISB, just because I haven't had a reason to open them ... ;)

Please tell me which of the Schaper black and blue displays that you are asking about.

Yes, all of the Schaper sets were bought in the United States back in the 1970s when our daughters were young and I had an excuse to visit the toy stores ... :)

It is interesting that you are collecting Schaper Playmobil. Because, I remember back in the 70s how frustrating it was not to be able to get all the German Playmobil sets. In the mid 1980s, we  took our family to Europe and visited Zirndorf and Dietenhofen. We realized how "deprived" we had been by having only the Schaper sets ...  ;D

Now, on eBay, the old Schaper sets seem to be in demand. It's funny how values change ... ;)

All the best,
Richard

Offline playmoed

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 15:29:18 »

Hello, Eddy ...

I am not an MISB collector. However, I do save all the boxes which ARE in mint condition. And, many of the sets that I have are MISB, just because I haven't had a reason to open them ... ;)

Please tell me which of the Schaper black and blue displays that you are asking about.

Yes, all of the Schaper sets were bought in the United States back in the 1970s when our daughters were young and I had an excuse to visit the toy stores ... :)

Hi,

I'm talking about the toystore displays (where the Playmobil boxes were put in) Schaper used in the late seventies, early eighties. I can try to make a picture of the 2 catalogs I have. Do you have any Schaper catalogs, because the displays are listen in them (well at least in the 2 Dealer catalogs I have from 1978 and 1979).

It is interesting that you are collecting Schaper Playmobil. Because, I remember back in the 70s how frustrating it was not to be able to get all the German Playmobil sets. In the mid 1980s, we  took our family to Europe and visited Zirndorf and Dietenhofen. We realized how "deprived" we had been by having only the Schaper sets ...  ;D

Now, on eBay, the old Schaper sets seem to be in demand. It's funny how values change ... ;)

All the best,
Richard

Yes, Schaper sets are getting in demand, too bad there is so much competition on ebay. I also have some Mattel sets (which to my knowledge were only produced in 1985) misb and 2 Mattel catalogs where the whole Playmobil range is listed. My biggest treasure in my collection besides the 30 blister I have, is the 3980 rollercoaster (misb). I also have a Famobil castle 3446, but with the Playmobil logo on it, that's also quite rare. I also love the many Spanish exclusive sets that are out there (starting with the number 39**).

Greetings,

Eddy
Edit: adjusted quotes RS
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 18:57:28 by Richard »

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 19:05:12 »
I'm talking about the toystore displays ...

Sorry, Eddy ... Don't have any.

... the 3980 rollercoaster (misb).

I have been curious about the price that you had to pay for this Japanese exclusive. If you are offended by my asking what you had to pay for it, I apologize ... And, please ignore my question (and my bad manners).

All the best,
Richard