Author Topic: Pirates!  (Read 443 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Pirates!
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 08:13:21 »
No, in our collection :)

....which is in a small, independent enclave in Portugal known as Playkingdom, famed for its mountains....
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2020, 09:13:22 »

Only one flag ...

I may be able to help you with missing flags. Let me know what you need. Or you may be interested in this. The signalling flag stickers there are similar to those in 3550 and 3750.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Corso

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 16:21:56 »
I may be able to help you with missing flags. Let me know what you need. Or you may be interested in this. The signalling flag stickers there are similar to those in 3550 and 3750.
Thanks for the link! But I just found out that I already had the flags from some leftovers I bought a while ago. And the signalling flags were already in the set I just bought. But thanks nevertheless :)

Now I only need the ropes. Maybe a store for handyman stuff has something similar...  ???

Offline Corso

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2020, 15:45:04 »
Still, my favorite is still the 3940.

That’s a very impressive ship indeed. Incredible big cabin and an elaborate below deck compartment. Very nice. Not so sure about the colors though. Saw some nice customs with more realistic colors.

Thanks for mentioning this one :)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 15:04:14 »
. . . Now I only need the ropes. Maybe a store for handyman stuff has something similar...  ???

I've had more success with a craft or sewing supply store for finding string or cord that can be used for Playmo rope replacement.  The hardware store stuff is usually too thick.  Good luck!   :)

Also, for some wonderful and amazing custom ships, be sure to check out this website created by the late and beloved PF member Macgayver.

U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Corso

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2020, 16:20:05 »
Thanks for the tip, Indianna, I will check hobby-shops and the like.

McGyver did some great work, wow. Some impressive customizing there. Thanks for the link!

Offline Corso

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2020, 10:03:23 »
Think I've found the perfect Playmobil rope:

It's 1.8 mm, white and looks like actual mini-rope. Yes! My pirates will be so happy!