Author Topic: Vintage box photo recreations  (Read 4583 times)

Offline Corso

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Vintage box photo recreations
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2020, 16:02:51 »
I agree with tahra, the older-style face-covering (topical, yes?) was more like it was cut from a cylinder, not shaped like the later one. I think I have a spare one if you need one, AgeOwns.

There are a few box pics with odd-looking parts from that era. I think the photos were sometimes taken using prototype parts and the production run parts were slightly different. The best example I have come across are the manacles on the box for set 3324x. Both the main picture and the set contents picture on the back of the box show manacles made of two cuffs linked by a short, straight piece. The part in the set has two cuffs linked by a solid chain, which unlike the prototype, is long enough to connect both wrists on a klicky who has been naughty! At least, I have never seen the prototype style pictured online and Datenbank-Setinhalt (membership needed to view) on klickywelt shows the solid-chain style.

Oh and most importantly, those are some great photos, AgeOwns, a nice way to celebrate your collection! I like the way you posed the pirates with real rocks and sand as on the original photos. Great work!

Same with the 3422 western bank. The photo’s on the box show a clicky with brown hair and a light brown suitcase, when in fact his hair and suitcase are both black.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2020, 16:16:46 »
Back then, colors were not guaranteed - it said "colors may vary" ... Hair colors, in particular, were sometimes really odd. The blonde cav (the 7 klicky box).. and let's not forget the blonde indian chief!

Offline Corso

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 11:13:51 »
I think it’s really odd to show different colors on the box.

And a blonde indian chief?! You’re kidding, right?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 13:26:12 »
I think it’s really odd to show different colors on the box.

That happened all the time.

And a blonde indian chief?! You’re kidding, right?

Nope... Adama, our big big indian chief (as in, seniority, xmas 83!) is blonde. He came like that on the box (the 7 klicky styrofoam box)... At the time we didn't have ANY spare hairs (probably we didn't even consider that!), and so.. blonde he remains. Of course later we could have changed him.. but then it woulnd't be him, right?  Yes, I'm nuts (in case you don't know yet)

Offline Corso

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 15:55:15 »
I don’t think you’re nuts, one just tends to get used to things, even if they don’t make sense ;)

I’m gonna check out that Adama-guy...

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2020, 16:17:16 »
What's wrong with blond Indians? It's diversity!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2020, 16:53:53 »
Nothing. But may be hard to explain in a Paternity Suit kind of way. I'm sure the parents of albinos have this worry too, especially if they are both of black African heritage!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2020, 18:51:45 »
I’m gonna check out that Adama-guy...

Here he is, in the neverending PROCESS: link to post, right here

Offline Corso

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2020, 15:50:53 »
Great, thanks! Well, they liked to paint their faces, maybe this one painted his hair too, right?

Amazing collection you have by the way 😳👌🏻

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2020, 20:08:40 »
Great, thanks! Well, they liked to paint their faces, maybe this one painted his hair too, right?

Maybe that's it - since back then they didn't paint their faces, he decided he'd paint his hair?  ;D

Amazing collection you have by the way 😳👌🏻

Thank you. Our oldest klickys will be 40 this xmas.