Author Topic: Everdreamerz  (Read 11239 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Everdreamerz
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 12:45:40 »
Btw, can you all still keep up??

I seriously doubt I can, but I know for sure my poor wallet will not.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 13:29:14 »
In a word, No. I can't keep up. But in the face of such diversity of things on offer, I try to be firm with myself, to be selective about what I do and don't collect. I'm debating whether to give up on the Figures soon, especially the boys. For one thing, I'm running out of space to display them!

Btw Hadoque, there are also Quick figures and probably others...
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 14:19:00 »
I’m starting to have to choose what I get.  I’m still torn on whether or not to buy the Spirit stuff.  I have a hard time finding the Figures where I live.  But I do try to get the museum specials and others that pique my interest. 

I’m starting to run out of room to display stuff.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline jodawill

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 15:53:47 »
It looks like they're trying to copy lego friends which I don't think was that popular.

Lego Friends has been massively popular, at least in the United States. It's been one of their best selling themes ever since it was released. Not my cup of tea, but it's sold very well.

This Everdreamerz thing, though… looks awful. I hope they keep making the historical themes.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 19:43:33 »
Lego Friends has been massively popular

There you go then.

I hope they keep making the historical themes.

They're just recycling stuff at this point. Maybe children aren't being taught history anymore or maybe the parents lack history knowledge. Plus the history sets are overwhelmingly war based which probably doesn't help their popularity with a lot of modern parents not wanting war toys. That might explain why there are ice magic, fairy and princess ranges while there is only a dwindling knights range for boys which is being replaced by generic fantasy cum steampunk sets. Lots of nice pieces coming out though so DS is a light in the dark for historic sets.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 21:28:19 »
I seriously doubt I can, but I know for sure my poor wallet will not.

In a word, No. I can't keep up. But in the face of such diversity of things on offer, I try to be firm with myself, to be selective about what I do and don't collect. I'm debating whether to give up on the Figures soon, especially the boys. For one thing, I'm running out of space to display them!

Btw Hadoque, there are also Quick figures and probably others...

I’m starting to have to choose what I get.  I’m still torn on whether or not to buy the Spirit stuff.  I have a hard time finding the Figures where I live.  But I do try to get the museum specials and others that pique my interest. 

I’m starting to run out of room to display stuff.

I´ve always restricted myself to collecting only 99% historical stuff, and only from the Late Medieval Era (mid 15th Century) to the end of the Napoleonic Era in the early 19th century (and a a very little Western & Victorian)...
But in the mid-2000s I started concentrating on customising klickies for the centuries I´m interested in and for that I also need a lot of parts from klickies that come with sets and themes that fall outside my real interest.

Last decade the frequency of new releases of all kinds has so much increased and has brought so many new klickies (especially with all the Surpise Figures series) and so a enormous amount of interesting new parts, accessories, colours, etc ...
On the upside that has opened up a lot more possibilities for creating cool custom-klickies, but on the downside it becomes increasingly hard and expensive to keep track of everything new.

With this Anime / Manga kind of figures for example, I see interesting shoulder-pads moulded on the top of the arms, and the collars seem also very interesting...

In the 90s and 2000s I wished they´d release more frequently new klickies...
Now I´m starting to wish they´d release a bit less of them and/or on a slower tempo!

Meanwhile I´m still waiting invain for the (expensive) 17th/18th-century trimaster ship orientated at adults / collectors... ::)
If they´d ever come to do that (wishfull  thinking), I hope they then won´t release it in a (slightly) different colour the year after, like they f.e. did with the Ghostbusters´Ecto car (versions 1 and 1A)...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2019, 02:47:52 »
I collect Marie Kondo style. If it doesn't "spark joy", I'm not interested.  :easterhop:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2019, 16:51:32 »
I collect Marie Kondo style. If it doesn't "spark joy", I'm not interested.  :easterhop:

Haha love it!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2019, 07:22:43 »
Plus the history sets are overwhelmingly war based which probably doesn't help their popularity with a lot of modern parents not wanting war toys.

I'm not sure that's it - if anything, the 'non war' historical themes were the first to go (Civilian knights, Victorian, Wild West Town).

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2019, 09:53:10 »
Thank you Tahra for introducing a range I hadn't heard about until now  :thanks:

The figures and even the name of the range remind me very much of the characters of the mid eighties Japanese cartoons like Sailor Moon and Sakura the card hunter.

If only they could release the figures of classic cartoons released in the eighties and all Victorian times based like a Little Princess, I would be so happy  :love:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.