Author Topic: JLMatterer's Collection  (Read 22643 times)

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Re: JLMatterer's Collection
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2019, 20:52:35 »
I haven't done that, yet. If it's still on display by the end of the week, I may do it then. I have a lot of non-Playmobil expenses right now (I'm disabled, so always a tight budget). BUT, the summer sidewalk sale begins this week at Deluxe, & there's always lots of Playmo for really at cheap prices. I may need to re-evaluate my economics.

If I thought it would survive the trip I'd give you the 63USD just for the whole thing and you just send me the cardboard display (i'd pay the shipping of course) and keep all the toys.

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2019, 06:47:33 »
I'm sure it's a great shop, but the three testimonials on their website all contain the same basic grammatical error*, so maybe they need to get someone else to write them?

*I'm with Bill Bryson on thinking grammar is important!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #172 on: June 27, 2019, 06:07:52 »
Grammar is important, I try to visit mine at least fortnightly.

Online JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval Historian
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2019, 14:47:52 »
If I thought it would survive the trip I'd give you the 63USD just for the whole thing and you just send me the cardboard display (i'd pay the shipping of course) and keep all the toys.

Here's a bad pic of the back of it. It seems to be somewhat collapsible. I'm sure I could get it packed up properly for you if you're seriously into getting it.