Author Topic: 2015 New hair parts in Super 4 sets  (Read 8880 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: 2015 New hair parts in Super 4 sets
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 16:34:50 »
PM Malta have started manufacturing the Super 4 klickies, judging by the fact that some of the heads and hair are turning up on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLAYMOBIL-FIGURES-lot-of-3-figures-/221785827247?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a37727af
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLAYMOBIL-FIGURES-lot-of-3-figures-/221789790368?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a3b3a0a0

Oh, that arrogant seller.
I bought from him about twice, and  each time he charged the double of the real shipping-costs. I complained about it to him and I´ve noticed he therefore blocked me from bidding ever again.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 21:00:22 »
What a cheat! It really annoys me when sellers make money through shipping costs. On ebay.co.uk (I have no way of knowing if this is true on other ebay sites, the rules seem to vary from country to country), sellers are charged a selling fee on the shipping costs as well as the final value of the item, but this hasn't discouraged some from trying to make money on shipping costs. Makes me mad! >:(

(I wasn't endorsing that particular seller, btw!)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 21:26:21 »
(I wasn't endorsing that particular seller, btw!)

In the interest of fair play and setting the record straight, I have to say that seller has just given me a 40% refund on shipping charges. I bought four lots from them, ebay checkout told me 'the seller does not offer combined postage', so I added a short note asking if they would possibly consider refunding any postage, then paid for all four (including four lots of postage at £1.50 each). I got £2.50 refund. I don't know if £3.50 is reasonable international postage from Malta to UK for 10 klickies, but I am satisfied. I am sorry for your experience, Hadoque. There are still plenty of scalpers out there!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 18:01:22 »
I have updated the table now that the figures are on sale. I think there are 5 new non-removable hairs, 10 new removable ones and 5 not-new hairs on the 21 klickies in Super 4 sets.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 20:24:15 »
I have updated the table now that the figures are on sale. I think there are 5 new non-removable hairs, 10 new removable ones and 5 not-new hairs on the 21 klickies in Super 4 sets.

Thank you for the updated table :)

I think you are right.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 01:20:36 »
How does the 6698 (cookie jar hands) hair attach? Is it like the scientist?

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 07:16:13 »
Yes, the head uses the same mold. The mustache piece fits in the slot first (over the top of the head), so the grey hair piece for 6698 is smaller than the one for 6690. but the two are interchangeable. Pics below.
Those 'cookie-jar' hands on 6698, which I thought were molded on, are actually removable, making the figure in 6698 much more versatile and useful. Quite a few very nice customised klickies using the head from 6698 have appeared on eBay. It is nice to see such an impressive set of facial hair on a male figure (my avatar agrees!) and it isn't made of craft foam!
In the picture they look to have been made from craft foam and stuck on!

Hair removed...

Removing the mustaches..

Nice bow!

The two hair pieces...

6690 (right) and 6698 (left) compared without hair

The two hair pieces compared (6690 on the right, 6698 on the left)

Pictured at a hair-swapping party...

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 07:25:19 »
And pictures of the figure from 6699 (new hair type, removable and interchangeable):

Edit: I have removed my pictures of  6691 because the hair was the wrong type

6695 has non-removable hair ( at least, I haven't attempted removal as I only bought three heads!):

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:43:10 by GrahamB »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 07:44:09 »
Yes, the head uses the same mold. The mustache piece fits in the slot first (over the top of the head), so the grey hair piece for 6698 is smaller than the one for 6690. but the two are interchangeable. Pics below.
Those 'cookie-jar' hands on 6698, which I thought were molded on, are actually removable, making the figure in 6698 much more versatile and useful. Quite a few very nice customised klickies using the head from 6698 have appeared on eBay. It is nice to see such an impressive set of facial hair on a male figure (my avatar agrees!) and it isn't made of craft foam!

THANK you so much for the details... I am so looking forward to these. I should have bought repeats of that fat knight...

HE HAS NO MOUTH!? That is... creepy. WAY creepy. WHY?

And pictures of the figures from 6691 and 6699 (both new hair types, both removable and interchangeable):

That hair on the white nerd is not the original, and it's an old one - the crooked one we dislike... Not that that one is a big improvement, as shown in the PROCESS some time ago..

Great that Lenora's (?) hair comes off :)

6695 has non-removable hair ( at least, I haven't attempted removal as I only bought three heads!):

I really don't think the hair comes off... Though I haven't tried (and don't plan to!)..

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2015, 14:36:21 »
thanks too for the very detailed coverage GrahamB....I was hoping the back grey piece of hair can be fitted without the side burns&moustage without leaving a gaping 'ear' hole on the sides of his head. Also, I thought the bald head was perfectly round but now you have shown that it has a flat area where the hair&sideburns fit over....and I share Tahra's disappointment that there was no mouth printed under his moustage...so I cant cut off his moustage either  :D