Author Topic: The Fairy Rescue Centre  (Read 6559 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: The Fairy Rescue Centre
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 15:52:02 »
The story just gets better and better.  The detail in the photos is wonderful - I like the way the figures interact in their poses, e.g. when Timothy is talking with Paul in one photo they are facing each other in a "talking way" - and so is the detail in the descriptions of the different fairies, their habitat and why they are in the rescue centre.  You must have pent many hours on all this, and time well spent.

Looking to the future, I sense Timothy is a bit of a trouble causer.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 18:02:45 »
Quote from: playmofire
So we'll see the Fairy Truck on Monday, 4th May, 2015, then?

:)  Of course.  Providing that the Rescue Centre receives enough donations to maintain it through the winter....
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 18:06:24 »
This is a great display you have set up. I do feel a bit of sadness for the fairies!
~Pynedor~

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 19:00:17 »
Yeah, I do too. It reminds me of one of my favourite books as a child, about gnomes (the one by Rien Poortvliet).

I'm hoping there will be a new part of the story to read while I'm having my morning coffee  ;D

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2014, 21:10:29 »
Great continuation, the detail used when describing the fairy types is wonderful. Can't wait for the following part! :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2014, 00:54:11 »
Great, definitely wanting to see a fairy truck custom now...
Perhaps it's just me, but considering how often the guide says that the fairies like children I begin to wonder if they like them particularly for breakfast, lunch and dinner?  >:D

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2014, 03:22:09 »
Part Four: The Water Fairy and the Orphans

'Now we are going to see another very interesting fairy,' said Paul, 'It is a Water Fairy, and Water Fairies normally live beside lakes, rivers, and canals.'

'Yoo Hoo, Water Fairy!' called Timothy.

'Water Fairies seldom communicate with humans,' said Paul, 'but they very frequently play tricks upon them.  On land, while no one is looking, they steal picnic food and kick footballs into the water.  And in the water, they entangle or cut fishing lines, fill fishing nets with weeds, and trap anchors under stones.  They fly fast and can swim and dive well.'

'You will notice that Water Fairies have streamlined wings, and that, like Border Forest Fairies, they enjoy decorating themselves with body art.

'They are very attractive looking fairies, but because of their love of tricks, we have to think carefully about where we are going to release them back into the wild.  They are not popular on recreational waters.'

'As you can see,' continued Paul, 'We have woefully little water for our Water Fairy pen.  We desperately need to dig a large lake, and build a Water Fairy pen around that.  At the moment, due to the lack of space and water, we are having to turn away Water Fairies in need, and that is a dreadful situation for them.

'Sometimes they are referred to us because they have been hit by boats; and sometimes we are asked to clear them from a private river, where they are becoming a nuisance to the people who use that river.  In these cases, when we don't have room for them, well, you can imagine that they may be treated like a pest.  Unfortunately, Water Fairies are not a protected species, and therefore pest control can be used.

'We do have a special section on our Donation Form for donations to help protect the Water Fairies.'

'Now do please follow this path to see one of the highlights of your tour: the Orphan Fairies,' said Paul.

'Bye bye Poor Unwanted Water Fairy,' said Timothy.

'These are our current orphans,' said Paul, 'And as you can see, they have no shyness around humans.'

'Fairy offspring are born as children, not as babies,' explained Paul, 'And they are born already knowledgeable and with many skills.  Nonetheless, they do need the protection and guidance of their mothers, and if they are orphaned, they are very vulnerable.

'Other fairies in their mother's community may adopt an orphaned daughter - but if the orphan is somehow separated from the community, it is unlikely that an unrelated community would accept a strange fairy child - especially if they are from a different species.'

'Young fairies look very alike, but even at this early age there are some slight differences in their wings,' said Paul.

'On your left, wearing pink, we have a young Meadow Fairy.  The two brown-haired fairies are Common Forest Fairies; and the other one, wearing red, is a Garden Fairy.  Although young Garden Fairies and young Common Forest Fairies have very similar shaped wings, young Garden Fairies carry their wings slightly pointing down, whereas young Common Forest Fairies carry their wings pointing upwards.

'We will keep these orphans with us until they are full grown - this is a committed project for which we need much support.  So as well as the opportunity for making other regular donations, we can offer you the chance to Support An Orphan Fairy through a monthly plan of giving.  Schools and workplaces can also contribute in this way and, in return, will receive quarterly newsletters containing updates on the orphans, which will raise further awareness of their needs.'

'Can we adopt an orphan fairy, Mummy?' Timothy asked, 'I mean really adopt one and take her home.'

'I don't think they are available for adoption, Timothy darling!' laughed his mother, Ruth.

Timothy turned to Paul.

'Can we adopt an orphan, sir?' he asked, 'My Mummy and Daddy are very nice and we have lots to eat and a big garden and I think the orphan will be very happy.'

'No, young man,' said Paul, 'It is a nice gesture, but fairies are happiest in their own environment and with their own kind.  These orphans will grow up and live with other fairies, free in the meadow or forest or to choose their own garden.  This is what is best for them.'

'Come along Timothy,' said Ruth, 'You know really that fairies need to live free in the wild.'

'But these ones aren't free in the wild,' objected Timothy, 'And I think that a fairy child would like to live in a house and to go to school.'

'I'm sure that the people here know best,' said Ruth, 'So let's just go and see the next fairies now.'

Tomorrow:  Final Part - The End of the Tour
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2014, 08:02:29 »
Perhaps it's just me, but considering how often the guide says that the fairies like children I begin to wonder if they like them particularly for breakfast, lunch and dinner?  >:D

:lmao:

'And I think that a fairy child would like to live in a house and to go to school.'

Oh, the misgivings of youth.... He'll learn.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2014, 09:06:07 »
:)  Of course.  Providing that the Rescue Centre receives enough donations to maintain it through the winter....

That was another bit of detail I liked - the regular references to the need for donations/subscriptions and the gift shop!   I find that really spoils the enjoyment of visiting places like this in real life and sometimes mean at the end of the day they may receive less than they might from us.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2014, 13:26:01 »
'Sometimes they are referred to us because they have been hit by boats; and sometimes we are asked to clear them from a private river, where they are becoming a nuisance to the people who use that river.  In these cases, when we don't have room for them, well, you can imagine that they may be treated like a pest.  Unfortunately, Water Fairies are not a protected species, and therefore pest control can be used.

That's terrible. :(

'No, young man,' said Paul, 'It is a nice gesture, but fairies are happiest in their own environment and with their own kind.  These orphans will grow up and live with other fairies, free in the meadow or forest or to choose their own garden.  This is what is best for them.'

'Come along Timothy,' said Ruth, 'You know really that fairies need to live free in the wild.'

I hope that all of the fairies get released soon once they are healed. It must be awfully dreadful to be in those cages and have humans walk around staring and possibly jeering at them. I can't wait to see what will happen at the end of the tour!
~Pynedor~