Author Topic: Victorian circus has arrived!  (Read 4887 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Victorian circus has arrived!
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 08:34:03 »
Because of the treatment of animals in circuses? Couldn't agree more, I never even wanted to see a real show with animals because I think it's completely brutish. But well, so was Western or medieval life, but in my plastic Playmoworld, it's another matter.

Yes, exactly... But, same in my playmoworld - NOBODY is unhappy. ;)

Still, we do have some problems with those sets.. Worse with the monks and nuns. Have NO idea what to do with them. Tuck says whatever it is, the barrels are his.  :P

Offline henry_martini

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 08:55:13 »
Great entry.  :love:
@geobra: Thanks a lot! :-)

Offline Daniela

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 11:35:05 »
Oh, I love this so much! It lifted up my mind for the whole day!  :love:

Thank you!

Daniela
Enjoy my Playmobil Opera and much more:
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/102361137865573914508

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2014, 13:34:21 »
I had to look this up, because I hadn't heard of it before. I'm watching some of the movie right now, it's sooo cute  :love:  I just saw the circus parade part (and he has a squirrel, LOVE it!).  :munch:

Yes, haha! Icarus. :lol: It's a fantastic film. I'm glad that you like it.
~Pynedor~

Offline MimmaBlue

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2014, 21:51:21 »
I keep coming back to these photos for another look as there is always something new to see/discover!! Amazing.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 05:59:12 »
This is absolutely DIVINE  :love: :love: :love:

Everything is so cheerful and bright just like a Circus Parade should be !

There are so many enchanting dĂ©tails and one can appreciate the care you put in the setting up but also the joy you took in creating this beautiful diorama  :cloud9:

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 23:44:36 »
I love the work that you put into making this!  It looks really good
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2014, 08:32:03 »
Thank you everyone, for taking the time to watch the pictures and for all the kind comments.

It's so much more fun to be able to share projects like this, with people who love Playmobil too. To my friends and family, my hobby is a 'weird part of my personality' :)

The bearded bodybuilder (set 3728) is arriving on Monday or Tuesday, but I've had no luck in search of the perfect tiny coloured Christmas lights. Who wants Christmas lights at the end of January, right?

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2014, 12:01:41 »
It is a very creative part of your personality. A great talent I think. I love your creations. Cherish it!

Maybe you can find another all year round christmas-shop closer but this one I found:

www.Kerstwinkel.nl

Good luck!
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2014, 18:55:55 »
Thank you for your help Sunflower. I did check the site and it had regular Christmas lights, but I was hoping to find some lantarns or small coloured LEDS to add to the realism. Something like this:

I only found them over the internet, and it would take a lot of time and money to get them.

Then I went to my local miniature train shop and the guy laughed at me for not knowing how to string regular mini-lights together and connect them to a commutator. He even assumed I did not own a train set myself - being a woman and all. I ended up intimidated and bought tiny coloured LEDs and connectors and a piece of wire (he sold me a pink wire, because 'nobody wants to buy that', and told me to strip it with my teeth).

I came home and found out my LGB commutator had too much voltage for the stupid tiny LEDs anyway. So I decided to use my regular Christmas lights, get on with my circus show project and never go to that store again  :-[

I posted the pictures of the 'Victorian Circus Extravaganza' ( ;D ) at the storytelling part of the forum:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=13636.0