Author Topic: What is your least favorite set  (Read 4808 times)

Offline reimagination

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: What is your least favorite set
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 06:16:56 »
Well, I got the two civil war generals, and although they're pretty cool in and of themselves, they have these rifles, and you can't do anything with them. They hold them by the middle by their sides as if it were a purse or something.

I also don't like the new penguins or horses or many of the new animals. I think they're making them more realistic, which to me looks silly next to a klicky, which is rather unrealistic.

And for themes, although I was very excited about both top agents and future planet coming out, they're not cool really when I saw them, and they lack smaller, affordable sets, so I don't have any.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 16:27:09 »
I agree with you regarding too much realism in the new animals, but also in buildings etc. For me, the classic klicky is pure design genius - it's up there with the Egg chair, the Swan chair and anything by Eames, and I'm not exagerating when I say that. They're cult things, from a design point of view. Too much realism is taking away from the cool design. It panders to modern, vulgar tastes. It's a bit like putting a cup holder on a Swan chair, I think.  ::) But if it's what people want ...

I also agree re the top agents and future planets. They're not very cool. Maybe with the top agents they could've made up some cooler characters - I don't know, a femme fatale or something - but this mad scientist lark: bleh. Then again, many people liked it on this forum. As they used to say in the old days: there's no accounting for tastes  :P :P :P :)
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 17:36:15 »
the newest pony ranch and farms - those themes in the 90's and 80's rocked, but the current animal design and colors they use are just ugly to me
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 07:24:42 »
The current pony farm building is quite beautifull though.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 19:58:14 »
Nuremberg Guards

PS: I keep dreaming i have over a 1000 of them in my krull castle and then i wake up and realise it will never happen . so annoying . and a highly repetitive dream  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

:loco:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 05:48:42 »
I must admit that I like the new style animals - they look great.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 04:26:23 »
I think the new animals still retain the playmobil cuteness. :love: But yes, I wouldn't want them to be overly realistic like schleich or something, it would be weird with PM.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 08:19:16 »
I think the new animals still retain the playmobil cuteness. :love: But yes, I wouldn't want them to be overly realistic like schleich or something, it would be weird with PM.

That's a problem they had with the 2nd sheep - they were CUTE, but not very playmolike.. These new ones seem to be more playmoadequate.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 19:29:58 »
Old style sheep still look much funnier to me than the newer ones. I like the old ones more.  :)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 20:28:43 »
Old style sheep still look much funnier to me than the newer ones. I like the old ones more.  :)

I don't have the newer ones YET..