Author Topic: Archangels' Castle  (Read 14094 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Archangels' Castle
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2010, 13:13:22 »

Hello Angelo,

Your castle designs are excellent !!! (And, you are very brave to do your construction in the garden where it is so easy to lose those tiny Steck pieces.)

Usually real castles took advantage of the natural terrain. Castles were often built on a hill or on a mountain top if possible. There are even examples of castles being constructed on the top of "man-made" hills. Using "natural" terrain is one of the great advantages of moving Steck out of the house and into the garden. And, in some of your photos, it appears that you have indeed built your castle on a bit of a rise in the garden.

Your garden castle was superb !!! And, your wonderful story unfolded like the best of the old Hollywood film epics !!! And, with great photos !!!

All in all, a very enjoyable and entertaining presentation. Definitely, two thumbs up !!!

Thank you for sharing your thrilling adventure,
Richard

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2010, 14:13:25 »

Hello Angelo,

Your castle designs are excellent !!! (And, you are very brave to do your construction in the garden where it is so easy to lose those tiny Steck pieces.)

Usually real castles took advantage of the natural terrain. Castles were often built on a hill or on a mountain top if possible. There are even examples of castles being constructed on the top of "man-made" hills. Using "natural" terrain is one of the great advantages of moving Steck out of the house and into the garden. And, in some of your photos, it appears that you have indeed built your castle on a bit of a rise in the garden.

Your garden castle was superb !!! And, your wonderful story unfolded like the best of the old Hollywood film epics !!! And, with great photos !!!

All in all, a very enjoyable and entertaining presentation. Definitely, two thumbs up !!!

Thank you for sharing your thrilling adventure,
Richard

Thanks for your reply Richard, ;D

Yes you have absolut right about the castles but there were castles that had built in plains to guard passages.
By the way I didn't raise the terrain for one reason only.The siege towers of playmobil are designed for castles with only one level walls and it would be impossible to use them on a two level walls castle built on high terrain.
I have tried to build a moat around the castle but the ground was too loose.So it was difficult to make it deep or to be able to support water in.

Your reply it was an  honor for me and my work. ;D ;D

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2011, 22:09:22 »
After a year the battlegrounds of the Archangels' siege has became a groceries garden.Such a glorious battleground among tomatoes, lettuces, ..... etc.So sad!!

(Just writing down my thoughts as i'm looking the garden above!)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2011, 17:38:52 »
CAn always remove all the tomatoes anf veggies etc and create a permanent outdoors steck structure sir !!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2011, 18:23:24 »
Just noticed this thread!
The castle is very nice, I like it; not too big, and a nice design!  :)9

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!