Author Topic: Custom Details and How To - Simral and the Santa  (Read 7221 times)

Offline bootgypsy

• Playmo Lover
Re: Custom Details and How To - Simral and the Santa
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2012, 20:03:03 »
hi. thanks for all the info. i have been wondering about the longevity of painting the playmobil plastic....how does it hold up over time? Is the fusion paint what you normally use? any tips on painting would be appreciated. I have just bought an old 3019 that is a bit discolored and I am considering how to "restore" or "redo" it.

oh yes, i do remember reading this now...and wondered how the painted items held up....but you haven't answered me yet  :-\
Cyndi ~ Alabama, USA

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 20:15:54 »
Well how much time has to pass to qualify as holding up over time?  :D
So far it's been ok, but most of my custom pieces don't get much use. The silver I used was just a regular metallic spray paint and not the fusion and it seems to have held up just as well, and covered a little better at the initial painting.

Offline bootgypsy

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 00:40:03 »
Well how much time has to pass to qualify as holding up over time?  :D
So far it's been ok, but most of my custom pieces don't get much use. The silver I used was just a regular metallic spray paint and not the fusion and it seems to have held up just as well, and covered a little better at the initial painting.

i don't know...6 months? 2 years? how long has it been? lol

Cyndi ~ Alabama, USA