Author Topic: most you ever paid  (Read 3222 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: most you ever paid
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 18:15:30 »
what's going on there in thessaloniki all the retired sets are forgotten there in toy stores pano ?from what i've searched in thessaloniki from the phone katalogue when i was finding my dollhouses most toy stores didn't have at all playmobil :-[
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 18:39:22 »
what's going on there in thessaloniki all the retired sets are forgotten there in toy stores pano ?from what i've searched in thessaloniki from the phone katalogue when i was finding my dollhouses most toy stores didn't have at all playmobil :-[

Believe me i had a really hard time tracking them myself....
If i would make a phonecall they would not give me any answers, so i got in the car and started visiting everyone....This way i found the viking long boat, the viking long house, the big pirate lagoon, the boxes that you just saw and various others.

The guy i got the dracula from was, what he claimed to be, ''the first greek dealer selling playmobil over the internet''. I met him when i visited a toy warehouse (you know old basemen dusty piles of dirty toys, some boxed etc) and he was boasting of his vast knowledge on playmobil and him being the greatest seller of them all ::) .... Any way, I asked him if he had any to sell. He said no... ::) But the second time i asked him, outside this warehouse, he said that he had a few left (he did not want the warehouse owner to hear this) and that he could sell me a few.... We went by his office and there were indeed a few boxes left lying around...he just wanted to get rid of them as he was changing bussiness and opening an cafe/restaurant... I visited the warehouse again and again after that but never saw him again... got a few piles of used playmobil from the warehouse thought.... ;D ;D ;D Even steck pieces....

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 18:48:19 »
a i understand for me everyone was willing to search and see from the phone but i was asking for the dollhouse and the ship witch is a big set
 do all toystores sell playmobil??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 19:09:51 »
Hmm, I am not too much into collecting rare klickies...
...so the biggest investment I ever did was 8€ into the wella special prince.

Better ask what was the most I ever got in selling a klicky...  >:D

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 19:14:53 »
The most I paid was for the special edition US fireman which is hard to get over here but got one for £5. In second place was also a wella prince for £2.50!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 19:22:26 »

I havent found the heart yet to let a klicky go.... I wander when this will be.....

@alexi: No not all shops sell playmobil.

Offline reimagination

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 04:17:40 »

Well then socrates, what was the most you ever got selling a klicky?

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 10:06:39 »
Well then socrates, what was the most you ever got selling a klicky?

To be honest, I am not sure, how much it was exactly, but it was a limited edition of a knight that came with a DS order and I got about 35€ (?) for it.
Originally, I wanted to keep my knight, but as it half refinanced my DS-order...  :D

The combination of "limited" and "knight" always results in good prices... ;)

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 15:10:35 »
 My most expensive buy was for a Playpeople blister Knight MOC at £27.00.

I remember watching an auction on ebay for a red Knight of Malta keychain it was selling at £110.00, I didn't see the end of the auction so it might have sold higher than that.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.