Author Topic: New Theme: Laboratory.  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
New Theme: Laboratory.
« on: May 25, 2013, 08:44:44 »
Managed to figure out something that could be a neat addition: a laboratory theme. First thought about an office theme but that might be too boring for kids, so I figured to go with a laboratory theme which can have office elements to it.
All kinds of interesting gadgets can be included here, all kinds of inventions that tickle the imagination. 

Onto the sets:

-Time machine.
A small set that consists out of a machine large enough to fit about eight clickies without accesoires in there. Some computers are attached to it with stickers on them that show timelines and such. A perfect set to use with any theme.
Included clickies: Old female scientist and a caveman with a club.

-Large lab.
Main building and the largest set of them all. Comes with some equipment but has space left over to fit the stuff from the smaller sets in there as well.
Comes with various medical scanners and computers that could be used to cure sick clickies, give them superpowers, read their mind or otherwise mess with them.
Included clickies: male and female scientist, test subject in neutral clothes that can be turned into a superhero through use of accesoires.

-Chemistry set.
No lab is complete without a chemistry set. Many vials and bottles come with this set, as well as a notebook and tables to put everything on.
The set also comes with a lot of accesoires such as several monster gloves to put on wrists, monster masks to put over heads, a spiky back that can be attached to the neck, and other such items that can turn any clicky into a monster.
Included clickies: Scientist without lab coat. (so everything can be attached to him.)

-Small lab.
The small lab can be attached to the large lab at the side, to make it larger.
This small lab is a robotics lab. Has been done before yes, and this set is partially a recreation of that, featuring parts to create one clicky sized robot but it can be upgraded with attachements to make it much larger.
Incluced clickies: robot clicky, female scientist.

-Office.
Small building that can be put on top of either the large or small lab. It includes two desks with computers, as well as bookcases and all needed accesoires for an office.
Included clickies: male and female clicky in business suits. (leaving it up for kids to decide who is the boss and who is the assistant.)

-Robot suit.
A set that goes well with the small lab since some parts can be used for both the robot and the robot suit.
The robot suit can be put around a clicky, working somewhat similar to one of the diving suits.
Included clicky: a male figure clicky is included in this set, along with extra parts to make the clicky part robot.

-Special halloween set: Mad scientist.
Pretty much a homage to frankenstein. Includes lab equipment as seen in the frankenstein movies.
Included clickies: Crazy and somewhat sinister looking scientist, frankenstein clicky, and a dwarf sized assistant with a cape that provides a hump.

More suggested sets for the theme are always welcome.  :)

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
Re: New Theme: Laboratory.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 12:27:22 »
I'd probably buy it! :)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 15:53:29 »
That would fit in nicely with the school theme as well.  Great idea!

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Kate

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 22:35:38 »
I love this idea!  I can't get enough of the little flasks and beakers.  I think sci-fi or a normal lab setting would sell very well.  Makes me wonder if it could get away with a disection table.  Or maybe to gory.  Definately in favor of support for the sciences. 

Offline gaspodfreud

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 02:18:46 »
Hello Ralius , yes great idea , i start a kind of laboratory as well : the frankestein casttle ... Jeremy

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 07:55:56 »
Great idea indeed and good for the school theme. However, I must add as a chemist speaking, and have worked at various laboratories, that I notice a lot of movie stereotype thingies. I guess that's how non-lab people look at it.

As a scientist I would say it would be nice to have a physics lab and a biology lab too.

For the physics lab some future planet stuff could be added, solar cel, led, small type laser and of course the robotics. Physicist klicky with glasses...maybe an indian klicky type (think big bang tv series)

For the biology lab some skeletons of animals, microscope, a kid size magnyfying glass. Biologist klicky...stereotype with beard.

The whole theme could have some small booklets with along the sets describing some simple physics, biology, chemistry experiments!

I could think of a lot of things chemisyry related...but I'ts better not too.. I might het too enthusiastic  :)
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 10:14:27 »
That sounds like a really intersting idea for a theme I really like some of those ideas sounds like something with would really encourage people's creatvity  :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 16:25:57 »
It would be fun if it could include some simple science examples as part of the sets. Like a prism. Or a Schrödinger's box - the black box from the magician set with the flip lid and a kitten in it instead of the bunny. :D  Something where kids could learn a little something as well as play with the set.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 17:22:52 »
I'd gues each set could come with a little booklet that gives something to learn thats related to the set. Like with the robotics lab, several examples of real life robots could be given along with a bit of info on the earliest development with robot arms and such being used in factories.

But above all, this theme can encourage kids to play creatively. The sets provide a lot of possibilities. Evil scientists could experiment on innocent clickies, sick clickies could be cured, new plants could be discovered, superheroes and villains created, clickies could travel through time to visit other themes, robots could be made to help, destroy, or rule the clickies, the scientists could help a james bond kind of clicky, they could solve crimes, etc.

Offline Kate

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 19:46:00 »
Would be fun to have a few specimens too.  Nothing to gross, but a preserved brain and such could be a lot of fun.