Author Topic: Playmobil.com USA changes  (Read 7488 times)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil.com USA changes
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 04:56:37 »
My understanding is that is one of the reasons fire trucks were originally red, visibility was a factor but so was the fact that it was a status color due to its cost.

Gepetto

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 07:31:15 »
My understanding is that is one of the reasons fire trucks were originally red, visibility was a factor but so was the fact that it was a status color due to its cost.

Gepetto
I'd never heard that last theory for them being red, Gepetto.  Thanks for mentioning it.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 19:22:36 »
I have a question . Does $60 for a Take-Along 4043 seem rather high ? Were the other Take-Along's like $30 ? I really wanted quite a few of these once i saw how well they make train sheds but at that price i think i might have to wait till they hit the clearance from lack of sales do to over pricing .

In fact all the new construction pricing seems rather high . the 4047 looks like a glorified 3126 ( yes is has a flashing light and a small trailer ) but at $35. The 3126 was what $17, thats a big jump . Then the other new sets are just as high, is the orange plastic rare? Is playmobil making up for selling the 4138 C.M.U. set so cheap ?

I just had to vent off some shock as i was looking forward to some of these new sets and was not expecting to be gouged .  I sure hope the new mining set does not get included in the Construction  theme and gets its own category ( Strip Mining , perhaps or Ra%$ and Pillage or Slash and Burn )
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 23:23:56 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 22:07:16 »
The prices in euros are also high.  The 4046 truck is in the region of 45 euros.  You can check the prices in Europe to some extent by logging onto amazon.de and querying the set number.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”