Author Topic: Puyallup, WA train show, November 15th & 16th  (Read 3356 times)

Offline glazz74

• Playmo Enthusiast
Puyallup, WA train show, November 15th & 16th
« on: November 01, 2008, 22:12:33 »
We will be showing our Playmobil layout once again at this years Great Train Expo at the Puyallup Fairgrounds. 

Saturday and Sunday 15th and 16th 10-4pm

The Puget Sound Lego club will also have a display as well.....always worth seeing!
Hope to see you locals there!

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
Re: Puyallup, WA train show, November 15th & 16th
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:43:10 »
Wow! I didn't know about this show. I'm out on the Kitsap peninsula so maybe I'll be able to make this one...What kind of a layout do you have, R/C or electric?
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline glazz74

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 16:25:21 »
Its all electric.  We do have a couple of the RC locomotives but they are just there for display as when we run them they get a lot of interference at every show we do, must be from the other radio frequincies used by the other layouts.  Never been able to figure it out, even when the batteries are in and our remotes are off they can just start running and jolting back and forth....spooky!
This is one of the biggest shows in the NW, you should really try to make it.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 17:35:37 »
Thanks for the heads up . We are in the SF area of California so heading up to Washington for the day is a bit of a stretch . Would you be able to take lots of pictures of the event for all of us who will unfortunately not be able to attend the event ?  :prays:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 20:14:30 »
We do have a couple of the RC locomotives but they are just there for display as when we run them they get a lot of interference at every show we do, must be from the other radio frequincies used by the other layouts.  Never been able to figure it out, even when the batteries are in and our remotes are off they can just start running and jolting back and forth

I havethe same trouble with my RC locos from Playmobil. They definitely pick up interference from other RC units, but they also pick up signals from the track if elecetric trains are running (even when they are turned off). It's one of the reasons I haven't fully embraced the newer RC trains. I've actually converted the new red loco back to electric.
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 21:01:29 »
I used to have this problem with the RC trains on my exhibition layout. I was given a tip and it worked.
The RC unit is picking up signals from the track and it needs to be shielded.
Get some cooking foil and fix a strip under the RC block and you should see an improvement.

If you are getting interference check with the other layouts what frequency they are operating on. With your transmitter switched off the train will still receiver any radio signals on its frequency.