Author Topic: tractor scoops/buckets  (Read 1173 times)

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
tractor scoops/buckets
« on: August 10, 2012, 19:33:54 »
I recently received a green tractor from a lot and it was missing a scoop, we call them buckets here. I did not worry about it as I knew one day I would come across one. Sure enough the next lot had a yellow one and the loading arms were all chewed up. I put the bucket on the tractor and realized how odd it looked. The bucket is about half the width of the tractor. This is really weird and you would only find this in real life on really old tractors that never came with loaders. Farmers would order after market tractor loaders and fit them on. When you are using a real tractors loader you need the bucket to be as wide if not wider than the front wheels. As you dig into your pile the bucket removes material that would be in the way of the front wheels so you could continue into the pile. The playmbil version would only remove material in front of the engine and the wheels would start riding up the pile as you dug.

My question is ..Did playmobil ever make a wide bucket, wider or as wide as the tractor itself?

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: tractor scoops/buckets
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 21:18:06 »
I've come across many 70's / 80's  British tractors with these funny sized buckets, but I haven't got a clue what they're for

Playmobil have never made a full width one I don't think. Even the bale scoop/loader bucket on the new tractor is just not quite full width
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 21:25:47 by flatcat »

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 21:30:22 »
I guess sometimes you need a narrow bucket to load loose grain into a trailer/feeder, but if you are moving soil you want as much of a scoop as possible.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 21:41:44 »
Another idea might be that they had smaller trailers than they do now  :-\

At work I have a small trailer, and to fill it we use a full width bucket, and I have to loose half of the load on the floor each time :lol: