Author Topic: Mystery Motorbike Rider  (Read 1290 times)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
Mystery Motorbike Rider
« on: March 18, 2012, 12:03:53 »
Hello the bike which I won for my Motorbike Rider came with it's own rider who I've not seen before, chekcing on the Collectobil site I can't see any sets which have got him in it

As you can see in these 2 photos his vest is marked Spidan Cross - Team and his helmet is marked Boeri, he's also got black hair under his helmet

I'd also like to double check my other Motorbike Rider who I'm fairly sure about as I had him as a kid unfortunately he is also not shown on that site likewise the small set my childhood Police Officer is also not shown. I can visualise the pages of my old childhood catalogue fairly clearly which I guess is hardly surprising as for many years I had them kept in indivdual plastic wallets bound together. I'd take a guess that he would have first appeared from somewhere between 1993 - 1995 as I was born in 1991 and the 1994/1995 catalgoues I've seen have similar photos to the first one I can remember having. Here's a few photos of him

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
Re: Mystery Motorbike Rider
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 12:09:04 »

I've seen some figures with helmet's like he's got on Ebay, first this fella who I can remember clearly coming with a jeep trailer along with his motrbike and another motorbike and rider and who would have had a red helmet with light blue visor

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160755249796?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

They also had this fella who comes with a slightly different helmet

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160755241294?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

All the photos I've seen of my motorbike and rider aren't clear enough to show whether his helmet had the green stripe in the 2nd photo or not if anyone knows or has any useful photos or references then I'd be very grateful as it would mean I could make him that bit more accurate to what he originally looked like thanks  :)     

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 13:15:54 »
Both the bike sets can be found in playmodb... It just takes a little patience and a lot of searching cross-referencing the themes and sets...

Here is the set with your fist whit biker: 3301 - Off-Road Motorcycle
And this is the second one: 3698 - Off-Road Motorcycle

Now,  it seems to me that both sets have the same bike but different riders. If you do a google image search on the first set, 3301, you'll find the helmet is indeed one with a green stripe and the ''boeri'' sticker at the back.

As for your policeman, its not easy to say from which original set it came from in the first place, as many klickies match his description in many sets, non-police ones too. If he was from a single klicky set, it may have been this one: 3324x - Policeman / 2 road signs

Hope all the above helps!

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 18:04:24 »
Both the bike sets can be found in playmodb... It just takes a little patience and a lot of searching cross-referencing the themes and sets...

Here is the set with your fist whit biker: 3301 - Off-Road Motorcycle
And this is the second one: 3698 - Off-Road Motorcycle

Now,  it seems to me that both sets have the same bike but different riders. If you do a google image search on the first set, 3301, you'll find the helmet is indeed one with a green stripe and the ''boeri'' sticker at the back.

As for your policeman, its not easy to say from which original set it came from in the first place, as many klickies match his description in many sets, non-police ones too. If he was from a single klicky set, it may have been this one: 3324x - Policeman / 2 road signs

Hope all the above helps!

Ah thank you very much I've not seen that site before it's very helpful, looks like it's the same bike as you say but, with slightly differnet stickers for my blue and green driver, have to see if I can pick up another bike. As for my Policeman then I'd say I've tracked him down and here he is  ;D

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=3338