Author Topic: Behind the scenes: Some workshop impressions  (Read 3646 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Behind the scenes: Some workshop impressions
« on: October 24, 2006, 06:52:02 »
Just wanna have you a closer look behind the scenes of the avatar project.

In the first photo you can see, that already quite a lot of flags had been produced to cover the locality of our members.

The second picture shows my magnetic board where I place the template photos of the avatars to have the correct version always in sight.

The third shows the setup where the photos are taken (I hope this isn't a "spoiler" ;))

And the fourth one shows a figure currently under construction (here in an early stage getting all the pieces together).

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
Re: Behind the scenes: Some workshop impressions
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 06:56:50 »
And some small pieces made at the same time and still standing around in the workshop: the contest equipment -- everything you need to honour the winners of a contest (apart from the bunches of flowers and the victory garlands, which are out of sight the photo  ;D) ... hm, just this idea came into mind: maybe I should customize also some medals with nice ribbons which could be hand around the necks of the winners.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 09:23:51 »
Wow, Jochen, you certainly go to great lengths in your hobby, and it shows in the excellence of the results.   Thanks for the insight.

I didn't have any luck yesterday with my search for the medals for craig's avatar, but I have other sources to follow up in the next few weeks.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 18:34:16 »
Cool!! :D

I always enjoy seeing 'behind the scenes' stuff. :yup:

I took a look at the growing gallery of pics in PF's Photo Album this morning.

You are doing a marvellous job! 8-)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 19:07:31 »
That gallery is amazing!  The number of flags Jochen has made is quite unbelievable.  Maybe there should be some reminder to look at it on a regular basis.  (I must admit, it had never occurred to me to check developments there. :-[)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 04:24:01 »
I didn't have any luck yesterday with my search for the medals for craig's avatar, but I have other sources to follow up in the next few weeks.

Ok. Thanks again for looking for the medals. In the meantime Craig is an demoted admiral  :P

Yes, and there are even some more ready to post pictures (I think about three), but I haven't received the answers of the avatars' owners for "go"/"no-go" so far also I send some PMs some time ago  :hmm: ... have to check if they have been active recently or if it is just to difficult to say "yes" or "no"  :P).

That gallery is amazing!  The number of flags Jochen has made is quite unbelievable.  Maybe there should be some reminder to look at it on a regular basis.  (I must admit, it had never occurred to me to check developments there. :-[)

If it is not annoying to other members I can post to the thread that there has been made an update. Anyway, there isn't such an tremendous or interesting change each time I post a new photo, because as intended the scenery doesn't change  ;D only the avatars and those should be known from the small icons beneath each post  ;D maybe only the flags are interesting.

Ups, just have seen that Robbie changed his avatar ...

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 17:41:34 »
Cool!! :D

I always enjoy seeing 'behind the scenes' stuff. :yup:

You are doing a marvellous job! 8-)

Thanks, Sylvia ...

I always forget to look in the  PF PHOTO ALBUM ...  :eh?:

Your poor little beaver is almost lost in the photo ... Maybe Jochen should make your beaver bigger for the photo ... :)

All the best,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 18:05:52 »

If it is not annoying to other members I can post to the thread that there has been made an update. Anyway, there isn't such an tremendous or interesting change each time I post a new photo, because as intended the scenery doesn't change  ;D only the avatars and those should be known from the small icons beneath each post  ;D maybe only the flags are interesting.

Ups, just have seen that Robbie changed his avatar ...

I would hope no one would object to you letting people know when you have updated the gallery.  I'm sure, too, that members will find each one interesting.  Often, only the upper part or even only the head of an avatar has been seen before, for example.  The flags are certainly interesting, of course, especially the combinations of flags for some members, and the background I have found interesting in what you have used from other scales.  And last but not least, their is the results of your work which is alwys interesting.