Author Topic: Sixties Chicks at the Tate  (Read 5880 times)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Sixties Chicks at the Tate
« on: November 12, 2005, 10:38:48 »

David (Guarrenzino) and I added a few retro-inspired conversions recently at JustForKl!cks.

One of these is the figure I'm currently using as my avatar. Tim_w made some nice comments about it in my "Welcome" topic, so I thought he and the other PF members might like to see what the rest of "Peggy" looks like, if they haven't already visited the site. :) Though I do have to say she pales a little by comparison to "Jackie" (one of David's girls) who is also shown on this page. 8-)

Pease click the pic above and it will take you to J4K where you can see more pics which can be opened at larger sizes. :)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Sixties Chicks at the Tate
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 11:08:12 »
Hello  Sylvia

Wow :o !! they are excellent and very pretty !! I have allways been a big fan of both your's and Davids work, the attention to detail and presentation never fails to amaze me. I am really looking forward to seeing more of your work !!

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 12:34:15 »
I second what Tim has allready said. Your painting skills are the most fantastic, so detailed. How do you do it?  :)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 14:21:49 »
Attention to detail is right! Even the tiny paintings are authentic Tate replications (does "authentic replications" make any sense?) I love all 3 of your 60s ladies! Is Jackie the blonde? I still like that checkerboard dress the best! :D
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 17:27:41 »
What every one else said

The attention to detail is wonderful
The dresses are perfect for the era.
the execution is amazing.

Share your secrets

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 17:38:08 »
Thanks! :love:

I'm not sure what method David uses, whether he masks areas off or just relies on neat brush lines. Usually I don't bother with masking because it slows me down, but I did try it when I was working on that dress. Serenity has started a topic in the "How-To" board about getting [sharp edges when painting], and I have posted my methods there. Hopefully those with better techniques than me will share their tips too. :)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 21:59:36 »
Is Jackie the blonde?
Yes, that's her! :yup: David couldn't think of a name for her, so I called her Jackie due to the "Union Jack" design on her dress. ;D (Put those noodles away, Meg! :P)

If you move your mouse over the pics, a description of each one (including the girls' names) will come up in small boxes. I did it this way because I didn't want to clutter the page with additional captions under the photos. :)

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Proud mommy of M and G!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 02:21:02 »
Wow, way cool. I love Jackie's jacket and boots!  :yup: :yup: :yup:

Red
One half the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 16:42:19 »
I wouldnt be giving wet noodles for Jackie.
She is just too cool. 8-)
David must have spent a long time getting the laces just right on those boots :!: 

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 20:08:03 »
With that black and white theme in the clothes you've got the Mary Quant look to a tee.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”