Author Topic: Asian shaven scalp should be grey  (Read 738 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Asian shaven scalp should be grey
« on: December 06, 2016, 14:32:29 »
I used Tamiya's blue-grey spray although I'll still (rather) leave his bald top as skin colour....but see the photo I took in the Edo museum recently (sorry, I didn't use flash and am a lousy cameraman  :P)

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Re: Asian shaven scalp should be grey
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 17:02:43 »
Looks great, maybe a bit on the darker side. Do not know if you have a air brush and could mix in a little white, though if you only have the spray cans, then I suppose you are limited to what you can do. I am interested to know if you apply a sealer afterwards and if so are you using the matte, semi-gloss or gloss?
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 21:22:02 »
Nice..

And... is that a little dio!? :love:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 01:09:31 »
Looks great, maybe a bit on the darker side. Do not know if you have a air brush and could mix in a little white, though if you only have the spray cans, then I suppose you are limited to what you can do. I am interested to know if you apply a sealer afterwards and if so are you using the matte, semi-gloss or gloss?

thanks!
no, never progressed to airbrushing during my Tamiya-crazy days :P
no sealer either....paint seals very well, especially in this round and edgeless shape and protected by the red 'bund'
...and this color is from their WW2 plane camouflage, so only in matt although semi-gloss would better compliment playmo plastic and colors ;)