Author Topic: Gannicus and Saxa  (Read 9803 times)

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Gannicus and Saxa
« on: June 30, 2013, 12:19:28 »
The best part of Spartacus was Gods Of The Arena, and from there, Gannicus. In the last season, Saxa joined my favorite characters, along with Crassus and Kore... but those for later. (BTW, I don't wanna talk about the ending. Or what I'd like to do to that man. Just sayin'. The Others take him.)

Amazingly, didn't find a pic of Gannicus with the swords on the back. She also wears a pelt thing in the winter, and since we done him like that...

This has been on the works.. forever.

Both hairs are off. His needed to be darker - but there isn't that hair in the common brown, or better, the lighter one. Hers is off in style, but the playmobest I found so far.... can be updated..

I had to switch his side of the crossbelt, cause.. well.. the playmoneckpieces are like this. At least the swords come on the right side like this! Still not completely happy with her belts. Or her clothes - they should be red brown. If I ever manage it, I'll replace them.

Also quite simplified his tattoo. Duh. But we think it works playmowell enough.

After this it became... let's just say.. PRIVATE, so I left them to it.

Offline Daniela

• Playmo Addict
Re: Gannicus and Saxa
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 14:39:21 »
Marvellous!!!
Like them!!!!

How did you do her skirt? Interesting material...

GREAT!!!

Daniela
Enjoy my Playmobil Opera and much more:
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/102361137865573914508

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 14:50:32 »
Nicely done! Good luck in your quest for better hair options.

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 18:55:30 »
Marvellous!!!
Like them!!!!

GREAT!!!

Daniela

I was wondering the same until it occured to me. Dried ham!  :lol:
I always wanted to make a Lady Gaga custom with a slice of ham as a dress, and then eat it, of course, which I guess she didn't with her raw meat dress. 

I don't know the show, but I like the customs, Tahra. How did you make the tatoo? It's really nice, even simplified.
Life in the so called space age...

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 19:01:02 »
Marvellous!!!
Like them!!!!

GREAT!!!

Daniela

Thanks ;)  Tape... My sister's idea :)  And it's good that at least there's a bit of redish showing in the skirt, considering her outfit...

Nicely done! Good luck in your quest for better hair options.

Thanks, I'll need it.

I was wondering the same until it occured to me. Dried ham!  :lol:
I always wanted to make a Lady Gaga custom with a slice of ham as a dress, and then eat it, of course, which I guess she didn't with her raw meat dress. 

I don't know the show, but I like the customs, Tahra. How did you make the tatoo? It's really nice, even simplified.

Please do NOT compare my beloved Saxa to that woman. Especially in that... outfit :(

I did the tattoo with a pen. Intended to do the full thing, but as you can see, too much for such a small shoulder.. and my skill level  :-[   Still, I think it makes the point. With the fur, and klickys naturally short neck, gave up on his other one.

Offline doug

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 20:12:15 »
Very well done and unique customs!  Love the creative use of tape!

The tattoo does its job well.    IMO when we get too realistic, we quickly lose the Playmo style.  Yours is perfect. 

For their light brown locks, I urge you to try dying the hair.
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=7965.msg139781#msg139781

My camera isn't handy now, so no pix, but  I made a nice light brown hair from blonde with a bit of RIT brown dye and a cup of hot water.

The only drawback to dying that I can see in YOUR case is that you couldn't just chuck Ganni and Saxa in your clicky drawer afterward without the risk of them rubbing some brown onto neighboring blondes. 

But you'd never just chuck them into a drawer anyhow...  right?  ;)

Other potential drawbacks:
*Hard plastic can warp:  Playmo hair isn't hard plastic. You are clear.
*Dye can sometimes leech onto lighter plastics:  you don't have any light pieces abutting.  Clear.
*Sometimes dye will make something TOO dark:  I tried about 12 red dye baths on that #@$^@#%!&* blonde hair for a custom Merida, and ended up having to paint over her strawberry blonde hair after I gave up.    That blonde hair will only take on a LITTLE of the color.  You should be good.

I know some folk are hesitant to try more radical alterations on their clickies, but you used tape for a skirt!  Try a hair dye!

doug

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 00:47:42 »
lots of new ideas revealed in one custom, well done Tahra!
I too thought the tattoo was a sticker so your freehand drawing is good!
what did you use for her dagger holders? looks like PM chain-links ;)

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 09:07:58 »
Looking great-my two favorite characters from the show too!!! :)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 10:34:20 »
Very well done and unique customs!  Love the creative use of tape!

The tattoo does its job well.    IMO when we get too realistic, we quickly lose the Playmo style.  Yours is perfect. 

Thanks, and you are right, of course... it is playmobil.. supposed to be simple by nature.. But sometimes it's hard to actually portray someone....

For their light brown locks, I urge you to try dying the hair.
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=7965.msg139781#msg139781

My camera isn't handy now, so no pix, but  I made a nice light brown hair from blonde with a bit of RIT brown dye and a cup of hot water.

The only drawback to dying that I can see in YOUR case is that you couldn't just chuck Ganni and Saxa in your clicky drawer afterward without the risk of them rubbing some brown onto neighboring blondes. 

But you'd never just chuck them into a drawer anyhow...  right?  ;)

Other potential drawbacks:
*Hard plastic can warp:  Playmo hair isn't hard plastic. You are clear.
*Dye can sometimes leech onto lighter plastics:  you don't have any light pieces abutting.  Clear.
*Sometimes dye will make something TOO dark:  I tried about 12 red dye baths on that #@$^@#%!&* blonde hair for a custom Merida, and ended up having to paint over her strawberry blonde hair after I gave up.    That blonde hair will only take on a LITTLE of the color.  You should be good.

I know some folk are hesitant to try more radical alterations on their clickies, but you used tape for a skirt!  Try a hair dye!

Uhm.. I'm afraid that might be over my skill level... also a problem getting the same stuff. Will look into it... thanks!

And pics would also be welcome...

With her, is more the style - she is blonde. But him... well...

And though he could be thrown in a box, she can't - painting and extensive use of tape kinda prevent that.

They must be "playable" though -  my customs, I mean... Nothing that makes them a statue, or fixed stuff.

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 10:37:08 »
lots of new ideas revealed in one custom, well done Tahra!
I too thought the tattoo was a sticker so your freehand drawing is good!
what did you use for her dagger holders? looks like PM chain-links ;)

Well, I did that drawing like a gazillion times before. And it was supposed to only have 6 "legs", instead of the proper 8.. but I misjudged the distances, and ended up adding the 2 to make it even  :-[ - better, right?

The dagger holds are zipties... not completely happy with the belt - should be thicker. But, if I manage to improve, she has a FIGURE base, so..

Looking great-my two favorite characters from the show too!!! :)

Good - we're of a singular mind then!  ;D