Author Topic: 3955 aka The mysterious barrel  (Read 7673 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: 3955 aka The mysterious barrel
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 22:26:52 »
That is really awesome. It' like a little playmobil time capsule. Thanks for showing it to us!

There's an idea - a thread on comparison of prices over the years of new Playmobil in stores from various countries in various decades.

That is a good idea.

I agree...I thought it was the "Horseman" that was headless!

:lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline sweetking

• x Club Member*
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 10:39:14 »
That's pretty cool.  I would have really had a lot of fun with something like that when I was little.

How much did they originally sell for?

There's an idea - a thread on comparison of prices over the years of new Playmobil in stores from various countries in various decades.

It was sold for around 300 or 400F as far as I know (as the shop converted the price roughly from Francs to Euros). I didnt mentionned it first, but I bought it for 50€ in a small shop in a small town, where I could also find a space rover (Playmospace), a crane vehicle and a snowplow :

I will give the adress to nobody, as I am not yet sure to have taken everything... (do not dream anyway, there is neither victorian box nor the robin hood feast.. I wouldn't have let them in the shop)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 21:36:44 »
:) i found one for sale - http://www.kijiji.it/annunci/giocattoli/palermo-annunci-cefala-diana/playmobil-fustino-ciindrico-art-3955/37852057 - if someone's interested.
:) or even introduce it in klickypedia (nobody remembered to)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 21:45:19 by cachalote »
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2015, 17:14:11 »
well spotted !

That is one of the thing that make this set marvellous : figures inside have few or nothing in common with picture outside... the four all-blue klickys are replaced by pirates... the green and white cow-boy is replaced by a brown bearded yellow and black klicky coming directly from Ngorongoro... an so on

Wow treasure trove  :o or indeed as others have said time capsule any kid would surely be over the moon about receiving this. Such an interesting assortment of different figures and all very bright I was also curious as to why the Firemen all had peg legs surely not very practical for putting out fires unless it's the Pirates next cunning disguise  ;) I didn't fully take in the headless horse first time  :lol: poor thing thought it was just being petted backwards.     

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 12:11:09 »
That's fascinating, sweetking - thanks for posting, and your detailed photos. It's probably not a useful exercise to make an inventory for 3955x - Deluxe Klicky Set since as was said, it's likely to be a grab-bag of random bits. I would like a clear scan of the sticker sheet, though... I think it might have originally come with 3483 - Tepee, Totem Pole Plus, and looks like it has a part number. If you open the Playmospace set, I would love to see that one too, since PlaymoDB has almost no info about it.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!