Author Topic: 3628 hunting party  (Read 6785 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: 3628 hunting party
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 22:34:49 »

Thanks for the review and pictures, socrates.  I really like this set and am sorry it was released during a time I wasn't buying Playmobil, which was the golden age of the Knights theme, I think.  I doubt I'll ever get this set, but I'm glad you were able to get most of it at a great price. :)

Thanks for the great review, Socrates, and congratulations on a real bargain.

I'd agree with you that it is one of the most important sets because of the unusualness of the subject (mediaeval usually means knights and little else) and the detail of the set, even down to the falcon's hood and the special glove.

I agree with Justindo and Gordon, Socrates !!!

As Justindo said ... this was indeed the "golden age" of the Knight's Theme !!!
And, as Gordon said ... this was one of the most important sets of a great series because it was unusual!

I am very fortunate to have this set in my Playmobil collection. And, although I am a vegetarian, from an historical perspective this is, without a doubt, one of the most important sets ever made by Playmobil!

Thank you for a great review of this very important Playmobil medieval set, Socrates!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 23:01:11 »
Thank you for a great review Socrates.  I have been trying to get this set and keep getting outbid - last week a complete set with a box went for over £50.   8}
I am gradually collecting the set bit by bit - I was lucky to win the falconer on horse at a good price and a few days ago saw a collection of bits of plants and tree trunks which had the pole with it and got that for 99p (it hasn't arrived yet though) and tonight I won the boar for 99p - I just need the elastic pieces to hold the boar on the stick (or 'pig on a stick' as we call it!) but seeing your photos of a close up was great because at least I now know what to look for, so many thanks for showing us this.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 23:57:47 »
Great review of a great set, thank you Socrates! I have come to appreciate that I came to the party too late and many of these sets just are not in the cards but it is nice to know some are still out there and that people who really care are still able to get them, congratulations Socrates!  :clap:

Gepetto

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 04:09:52 »
Thanks for the review!  I wish I collected Playmobil during the "Golden Age" of knights theme.   :(

Yes, this is indeed a great set.  The boar alone makes it worth it!
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 08:37:39 »
Great review!!! I particularly enjoyed the carrying pole and the rubber bands!!! Too bad the leaderof the group is not the original one!!! Great klicky with its crest and all!!!!
This was indeed the golden age of playmobil knights as you could see so many sets that were reflecting to other ways of life from that historical period....look at the merry men seaft, the wandering monk etc....

Great deal Socrates!!! Just for 2 euros!!! Congratulations!!! :wave: :wave:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 08:47:48 »
Thank you for this excellent review Socrates  :wave:

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 14:32:00 »
Great reveiw!
When I first read the tital I had hoped that there was a new hunting party out,
But this was just as cool to see!
I think that the boar being carried on the log is a great idea,
And am very sad that I don't have this set.
Perhaps I can find a nice buy on ebay, like you did.
Very great set, and excelent reveiw.
Thank you.
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 15:12:15 »
You have created more temptation for me, Socrates!  :lol: When I see someone like you present a timeless classic like this,........the wants due to obsessive compulsive disorder becomes almost overwelming  :help:! Thank you for the review of this excellent retired set  :clap:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 15:59:54 »

Very good review and one of the best and very rare mediaval sets of the early 90s. I haev two of these and love the hunter and the woodie bit to carry the wild boar. Its a great set and compiments very nicely any playmo mediaval collection or set!!!!! If i am not mistaken tnis set was banned in the UK and/or other countries ? This and also the set with the Bear and the Gypsies ( 3632)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 16:33:26 »
Very good review and one of the best and very rare mediaval sets of the early 90s. I haev two of these and love the hunter and the woodie bit to carry the wild boar. Its a great set and compiments very nicely any playmo mediaval collection or set!!!!! If i am not mistaken tnis set was banned in the UK and/or other countries ? This and also the set with the Bear and the Gypsies ( 3632)
You have two of these? Envy, envy, envy...

I don't know whether this and 'Dancing Bear' set were ever banned, but I agree that it might be difficult to sell in these somewhat more politically correct times. I remember seeing them in the local toy store in the town where my mom still lives when they first came out. I also remember thinking at the time: 'hey, these are pretty cool sets, and very nice evocations of medieval Europe, but the hunting and dancing bears might rub some people the wrong way.'

I think it would be great if Playmobil reissued these (and the other 'civilian' medieval sets), but I can understand that the appeal of these sets might be limited. Here's hoping for the potential Playmobil collector's club...

And last, but certainly not least: thanks, Socrates, for a great review!

Cheers,

AndrewL