Author Topic: Added Building Plans on Playmobil USA!  (Read 6838 times)

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
Re: Added Building Plans on Playmobil USA!
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 23:38:04 »
I'm really confused as to why they're putting up instructions of long retired sets when the parts are likely long gone from the warehouse.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2011, 13:36:35 »
That's strange I hope playmobil db continues to grow and becomes part of the official playmo clun on an internatonal scale etc. This superb database is the bible for all playmo fans and I hope geobra supports and recognizes this awesome work and links it to the club. I don't see the rationale of playmo usa doing this, perhaps some employyee do this who love playmos
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 14:30:28 »
People still get second hand sets that they don't know how to put together and need the instructions. Complex set especially, like the palace or castle sets.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 15:16:35 »
That's strange I hope playmobil db continues to grow and becomes part of the official playmo clun on an internatonal scale etc. This superb database is the bible for all playmo fans and I hope geobra supports and recognizes this awesome work and links it to the club. I don't see the rationale of playmo usa doing this, perhaps some employyee do this who love playmos

I'm really confused as to why they're putting up instructions of long retired sets when the parts are likely long gone from the warehouse.

:shhhh:  Don't spoil it!   ;D

I think that Heather at playmodb is very happy that they are doing this, so that should comfort you a bit, Giorginetto.  :)   I believe a long-term goal is to use the plans provided by Playmobil (which are usually much better than scans or photos of printed instructions) to fill in the gaps at Playmodb and, ideally, to improve the photos of individual parts.  Also, playmodb has never provided the full instructions for sets because that was against Playmobil's wishes.  Now Heather has created a bunch of very useful links to the official Playmobil plans, as you can see here:  Playmodb's page of Instructions Downloadable from Playmobil.

Maybe Playmobil decided to set up this archive of plans because so many people, including the PCC pilot group, asked for it.  Also, remember all the furor about the building plans website in The Netherlands that got shut down and the campaign (started at Klickywelt, I think) to re-instate it?  I like to think that Playmobil is doing this archive because they are responding to the wishes of the collector/fan community.   :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts