Author Topic: Hello, Playmofriends!  (Read 116 times)

Offline ChrisJ

• Playmo Pal
Hello, Playmofriends!
« on: May 13, 2024, 01:13:08 »
Hello from the middle of nowhere, the most land-locked place in the USA — Nebraska. Playmobil was never easy to get here, especially pre-internet. My daughter and I spent many happy hours with Playmobil, mainly the Victorian house and knights. I've continued collecting and creating some basic custom figures. I won't say I'm obsessed, but would consider moving to Germany for access to their parts system. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and learning from others. Especially interested in how people find hard-to-get parts and techniques to remove tampo printing/paint from vehicles without destroying them.

I would love for Playmobil to create a series of historical knights (similar to their artists and musicians). It would be fantastic for them to do a set based on The Neverending Story. I just started collecting some of the Mission Geo space series.

Chris

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Re: Hello, Playmofriends!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 05:09:23 »
Welcome to the forum. Historical knights is a great idea!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2024, 07:02:26 »
Welcome Chris, from Stroud, UK!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2024, 07:08:29 »
Welcome from Portugal :)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2024, 07:33:59 »
Welcome fellow land-locked American! Playmobil USA does have a parts department but getting the parts you want is hit-or-miss. It beats the days of mailing in an order form and a check though.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2024, 17:59:04 »
Welcome from Oregon!