Author Topic: WHAT COULD BE BETTER WITH PLAYMOBIL  (Read 30576 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
WHAT COULD BE BETTER WITH PLAYMOBIL
« on: March 29, 2008, 03:21:45 »
WHAT COULD BE BETTER WITH PLAYMOBIL ...  ;)

i decided to create this thread as an alternative to richard's "what's wrong...".
(you have to take a grip on your dragons, richard). 0)

my little contribution: geobra could keep the larger sets (i am thinking about ships, of course) filled with small extra parts, as they were in the past.
it is so much nicer to have pirates surrounded by bananas, knives, acordeons, chickens baskets, bottles, books...
i think it would be a way to make people forget that boxes are getting so much bigger than the actual sets.
 :) all the plastic moulds needed for this exist already and it is such a shame to have so few bags to un-wrap (an essential joy in any new toy)  :-[.
PLAYMOBIL WAKE UP ... YOU CAN DO MORE BUSINESS (MONEY) !!!
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
Re: WHAT COULD BE BETTER WITH PLAYMOBIL
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 03:48:06 »
Bigger more complicated sets, YES! We love 'em at my house. The more the better. I think the hospital with accessories that was released here in the US last year was a great idea. More like that please.

Perhaps they could revisit the Victorian theme, or create a larger Roman playset...I think the new Egyptian pyramid set will be a nice addition when it gets to the US.

More parts, bigger sets.
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 11:20:13 »

My wish is simple: Include parts sheets in ALL of the sets including the Specials! :)

A number of times, my kids have lost something from one of these sets and I've been unable to replace it because the part number was unknown. :( 

Plus, they often include really cool stuff that you want to have more than once without buying the whole set again - like the plumber's tools in #4655, or the toothbrush in #4661, for example. (I'm really pleased
to see there will be an orange version available when set #4285 gets released. :D)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 12:42:38 »

Hello, Steve ...  :wave:

Perhaps they could revisit the Victorian theme ...

Great idea! There are still so many Victorian sets that Playmobil could make!

The new wedding theme is tantalizingly close to the Victorian theme.
(But, how do you satisfy both the children who seem to want modern, familiar looking themes and some of the adults who would like more romantic themes like the Victorian one?)

Over the years, in my humble opinion, Playmobil appears to have done a pretty good job of keeping most of us happy most of the time.

Hello, Cachalote ...  :wave:

i decided to create this thread as an alternative to richard's "what's wrong...".
(you have to take a grip on your dragons, richard). 0)

Thanks for starting this thread, Cachalote ...  :)9
(And, for those of you who don't know about the "Dragons," click HERE !)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 14:16:24 »
Great thread, Cachalote!
I would like to see more Victorian vintage vehicles. Cars, trucks, FIRE ENGINES!  How
about a horse drawn steam powered fire pumper?  Vintage aircraft, anyone?

This idea might fit here also...In my humble 0) opinion, I think the eyes and mouth on
the ethnic adult figures should be solid black like the children in that series.  The
"beady" white and black eyes look kind of "vaudeville" to me. 

Maybe a nice Royal Chariot like Her Majesty rides around in.  That would even fit in the Knights theme.

All in all though, Playmobil does a good job of providing plenty of grins for the Jimbo,
Knightmo clan. ;D ;D ;D

Best regards,
Jimbo

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 02:01:21 »
Hi Richard, Since we are dreaming, how about this. Playmobil starts a separate arm of their company that creates or expands upon historic themes in their catalog (with more detail) that is geared for adults. Why not? We as adult collectors/players have a desire, and the $ to pay for this stuff. It would be great to see some detailed sets that expand upon their themes.

A victorian fire engine is a great idea. How about a land tractor or steam powered railcar? Some different Victorian London buildings would be cool too. How about some sets canal system sets with boats, locks, etc...or better yet trains from that era.

Ah well, It's nice to dream :-)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 02:38:02 »
 ;) well gloobey, might i change your request to thames river with georgian (the iii) buildings.
this way we could add royal navy sets from the napoleonic wars period (the ones that go along with the pirates...).  :-[

i am glad you all liked this thread.  :)
 :love: ... by the way, loved you new avatar sylvia (you should try to be careful with that "open" helmet though, they are quite dangerous).
  :love:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 08:14:59 »
I'd like to see thought given to producing klickies which could rotate at the waist as this would add another useful dimension to posing.  You can see what I mean here:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=1491.msg16938;topicseen#msg16938

in the picture entitled: At the scene, the firecrew carry out scene safety.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 11:04:20 »
I would like to see larger figure sets mainly in the themes I collect and just figures not with cannons and rams or wagons.

The western series give us a few US cavalry sets like 3811 which just contained basically a box of soldiers on horseback. I would like to see a set of archers, pikemen or foot soldiers for the knights, a nice set of Roman cavalry similar to 3811, five figures in a box. It would be a better way of expanding or armies quickly rather than buying 3 figures at a time from DS.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 04:22:39 »
Georgian buildings, Thames river, Royal Navy, that's exactly what I mean Cahalote! Specific time periods to explore would be great fun.

LEGO has expanded the educational aspect of their toys. They even have educational centers that work with schools and businesses to teach people through building and creative play. The do field trips for schoold, workshops for corporate groups...Playmobil could explore this area as well, why not? It seems to be working for LEGO.