Poll

who would like to see 3550/3750 ship shape again on market as a new set?

yes i would like to
no i don't

Author Topic: who would like to see 3550/3750 ship shape again on market as a new set?  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Ds dad

• Playmo Fanatic
I broke the tie. I have 5778 and I have to say that 3286 is superior in every way.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
like bonniebeth I have a problem with the design of the captain's cabin and bridge (actually the complete stern); it doesn't fit with the design used for the rest of the ship. The bow looks like from a 19th century ship while the stern looks like from a 15th or early 16th century vessel.

Wow, my concerns over it were not heary so technical, as I really don't know much about the history of ship design. Mine was much more shallow... I just don't like the way it looks. :-[
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
I broke the tie. I have 5778 and I have to say that 3286 is superior in every way.

5778 is a cheap stupid reproduction of the mould nothing to do with 3750   :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
In my opinion this ship has been done way too much and the molds need a rest. It is so easy to get a dozen of them in the post tomorrow for cheap prices and there were even different color combinations. 3550, 3053,  3705, 5778, 4424, 5736 are all based off this mold.   I would prefer if they would make a new ship a bit larger
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
In my opinion this ship has been done way too much and the molds need a rest. 

a rest ?  :hmm: :hmm:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master

a rest ?  :hmm: :hmm:

When a person uses something too much they put it down as to not wear it out.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
When a person uses something too much they put it down as to not wear it out.

yes ..  :lol: :lol: :lol:  sorry i didn't explain it well ,i meant why it'll get damaged if used a lot ? is there only one? i've never seen a PM mould before how is it like? matereal ?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master

yes ..  :lol: :lol: :lol:  sorry i didn't explain it well ,i meant why it'll get damaged if used a lot ? is there only one? i've never seen a PM mould before how is it like? matereal ?

The old ones should be aluminum but I am not sure about the new high tech ones. They will wear out over time and can also get distorted due to heat/cooling cycles. Companies try to minimize the use and how many they need to make as it is a substantial expense

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
The old ones should be aluminum but I am not sure about the new high tech ones. They will wear out over time and can also get distorted due to heat/cooling cycles. Companies try to minimize the use and how many they need to make as it is a substantial expense

they can't make a new one if the old is destroyed? i doupt it is only one mould for any part they should be many...

see:  http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FD3Xdfx8yew/RvCZ-SSd3GI/AAAAAAAAAZk/V0kKJeTStb8/s1600-h/Picture-8.jpg
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
if they "re-released" this ORIGINAL version as a collectible re-release, the way it originally looked, with CLOTH sails, the original crew, flags, and complete string rigging and metal bell and gold chrome lamp housings, then a definite YES THEY SHOULD MAKE THIS SHIP AGAIN!

Or, as an awesome re-vamped version like they recently did with the 3286 mould.  Anything less (ala Blackbeard's ship or skull ship) would be a "nay" in my book.

This mould, specifically, practically-speaking, is actually far-superior compared to the 3286 in terms of stability and sea-worthiness on real waters.  But I agree, for living room display use, the 3286 LOOKS much better.  On the waters, though, the 3750 is very stable, well balanced, and is nigh unsinkable (whereas the 3286 capsizes easily).

Best thing that could happen as far as ships go IMO would be to release a totally brand new ship (NOT LIKE THE 4290) with the stability of the 3750 and the pleasing aesthetics of the 3286, bigger, and with more guns :)
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!