Author Topic: Who has the biggest collection?  (Read 8245 times)

Offline gassy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Playmobil
Re: Who has the biggest collection?
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 18:24:41 »
It depends what you mean by big I think. Erik Skaarup appears to have the most complete collection in the world. But who really has the most individual pieces? Figures? Total volume of space it takes up?
I have a big collection, but Martin Milner across town has a bigger one I think. I remember seeing pictures of Gassy's Playmobil room and being wowed by the amount of stuff. What about that Roman Legion that was on display in the German museum? Is that owned by one person?

Hello
My collection is relatively small,I know many large collections.
and the size is always relative.
The Roman Legion in the Museum is a part  from 16500 romans ,2005 were being prepared for a children's television program of the WDR
" Die Sendung mit der Maus " There are videos online, I can not find it unfortunately, sorry

gassy
#‎PlaymobilQuixote

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 19:35:45 »
It is quite easy to say, yes, Giorginetto has the most Nuremburg guards, Baden has the most Klickies

I doubt that!

Offline sweetking

• x Club Member*
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 07:09:12 »
I read a thread about a french collector having more than 20,000 klickies at home... but what is then definition of "big" ?

Number of klickies, total weight, total volume or variety of sets in the collection ?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 07:34:16 »
I read a thread about a french collector having more than 20,000 klickies at home... but what is then definition of "big" ?

Number of klickies, total weight, total volume or variety of sets in the collection ?

Yes I think this is the most important point to ask... Maybe its a combination of all these things!

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 08:17:24 »
We also may want to define what constitutes a big collection.  Is it defined by the total number of different sets or by the total quantity of sets regardless of variety?  For instance, suppose someone has, say 1000 sets of the same thing to amass an army; would that be the same as someone who has 1000 different sets?

While this is an interesting question, does it really matter to anyone?  After all, isn't it true that it's not the size that matters but what you do with it?
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 08:20:42 »
We also may want to define what constitutes a big collection.  Is it defined by the total number of different sets or by the total quantity of sets regardless of variety?  For instance, suppose someone has, say 1000 sets of the same thing to amass an army; would that be the same as someone who has 1000 different sets?

I'd say variety ;)

While this is an interesting question, does it really matter to anyone?  After all, isn't it true that it's not the size that matters but what you do with it?

No it doesn't really matter to anyone, I just thought it was an interesting question! :D

Damo :)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 11:41:23 »
I doubt that!

I wish !!! Only have round 100 nuremberg guards .... Wish i could get another 500 though ...

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 17:14:03 »
I doubt that!

i don't think he meant that these people have the (most) of klickys , from the people he knows here in the forum that have the most he ment  ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 17:20:38 »
Yes I think this is the most important point to ask... Maybe its a combination of all these things!

i believe that having the bigger  collection should be a person who has all the sets ever realesed by playmobil msib or mib and all catalogs promotion stuff etc...   most important is the msib
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 17:35:56 »

i don't think he meant that these people have the (most) of klickys , from the people he knows here in the forum that have the most he ment  ;)

:yup: :yup: :yup:

Damo :)