Author Topic: Your children vs your PM collection.  (Read 6332 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: Your children vs your PM collection.
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 19:46:51 »
Nothing anyone ever said about the "miracle of life" really sunk in for me until I had my first child.  It will be the same thing with you.  Then you will be able to see the wonder in their eyes and remember what it was like for you as a child and want to give them the best you can.

Then as more come along you realise that the love you have for the first one is not divided up at all, but multiplied exponentially by the more you have.  It is something that can not be explained properly but experienced.  Do not worry, it is only natural and nothing to worry about - that's how things are meant to be.

oh i want to have a child too some day  :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: well i still have years in front of me ....... :)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 19:58:37 »
Also, there is nothing cooler than sitting back and watching little ones play-  the imagination is amazing, all I can really do these days is set up my toys.  Maggie and her cousins act out amazing adventures with a building and a few accessories. 
Also, Playmobil is ridiculously durable- it just doesn't break that easily.  The worst thing that can happen is that pieces get lost, and it sounds like most of the parents here have developed solutions to minimize that.
Oh, and I have to say having kids has been the coolest thing I've ever done.   :love:
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 22:17:20 »
I have bought most of our Playmobil for my 6 and 5 year old, but I know deep down that I bought it because I wanted it  :-[

I have a few sets put away that they sometimes find and drop hints about wanting or outright ask for and I have to tell them these are mine  :)

I am really anal about their Playmobil and spend some time picking it up, grouping it into sets etc. I really stress too much and this probably takes some of the enjoyment out of playing with it for them.

I think our problem is that we have no play room to store toys in at present, so it is all over the place.

It does make me happy to see them playing with it, they have such wonderful imaginations.

I must admit too though, my 6 year old son probably likes lego more.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 11:35:41 »
You know, try to imagine what it would've been like when you were a child, had your parents collected toys. I had some sets, but not many: I would have certainly gone bonkers had I known my father had a big collection of pirates hidden away in his wardrobe  8}

Well, what is normal in the mind of a young child is whatever he grew up with. So if he is your child and growing up in your house, it will seem perfectly normal to him that daddy has pirates hidden in his wardrobe!  :lol:  At least while he's young enough not to be trusted with it.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 19:20:30 »
My daughter and my nieces with part of my collection...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 19:58:39 »
Awww.. they're so cute! Playmo-addicts in training. Looks like they're having a wonderful time. Can i come over and play?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 23:52:39 »
                                       Can i come over and play?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure, but only if you put things back where they belong :)9, no fighting over the toys :yup:, & when it's time to go home, you get on your return plane without having a temper tantrum :hissyfit:! :no:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 00:15:04 »
The girls can now recite the Playmobil rules- "share, no yelling, if anything falls on the floor, pick it up." 

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 00:35:28 »

Sure, but only if you put things back where they belong :)9, no fighting over the toys :yup:, & when it's time to go home, you get on your return plane without having a temper tantrum :hissyfit:! :no:

Oh, I'll get on the plane, but you might need to check my pockets!  :evilplan:

:lol:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 00:58:22 »
Oh, I'll get on the plane, but you might need to check my pockets!  :evilplan:

:lol: >:D

We have the Playmobil airport screening set 3172, & animal X-ray clinic 4346 for full body scans ;)! Plus the old surgery set 3459 for cavity searches :omg:! So play nice >:D!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!