Author Topic: What set are you still desperately searching for ?  (Read 5249 times)

Offline playmoed

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
What set are you still desperately searching for ?
« on: November 20, 2007, 13:45:00 »
Hi,

I thought I started this thread just out of curiosity. I wanted to know from you all if you are still looking for that special set, that special treasure that is still missing in your collection.

I am always on the lookout for those special Spanish exclusive sets (starting with 39**), the old blister sets from the seventies, the exclusive klicky sets from the seventies and early eighties and the odd exclusives like the 'Mothercare Playpeople' set (thank you Sir Gareth for posting this in this forum, otherwise I would have never known about it), other rare Playpeople sets and a French exclusive knights set, which is very rare to find (it's probably one of the few French exclusives ever).

Greetings,

Eddy

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
Re: What set are you still desperately searching for ?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 19:31:12 »
i share your interest in the spanish sets - the 9979 and the 9989 pirates. :)
but the one i am really looking for is the 3550 set, mib.
i have a complete one, made with the addition of several used ebay sets but i would really like to get my hands on a new one - just to be able to open the box and mount it from the begining, decide what stickers to use (there are a few options), cut the strings in the perfect lenght, etc.,
it would enable me also, to be totally sure that i would not be missing some pieces - one of the reasons of my mib compulsion.
8}
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline playmoed

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 20:35:21 »
Hi,

I have the 3550 misb, bought it from an Italian on ebay. It's a great set, but I will leave it in its plastic, I'm a genuine misb collector. With regard to the Spanish sets I was more referring to the 3913 (7 klicky knights set) and the 3920 till 3931 (7 klicky Arabs/Bedouins) set. They are very rare to find. I only have one misb and that's the 3927 (7 klicky cowboys). I also have the 3912 which is not listed in the Collector yet, it's the set with the skiers but also the little sleigh with the children is included in this set.

Greetings,

Eddy

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 23:31:10 »
I'm (not so) desperately searching for the medieval hunting party.

It's reasonably available, so this probably isn't too exciting for you to read about.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 09:48:06 »
I'm not desperately searching for anything at the moment, although I would be very happy to find a Pegasus bi-plane for a reasonable price. :)

For many years, the Victorian Schooner #3055 was my Playmobil 'holy grail,' but I managed to buy an almost complete loose set in great condition from another PlaymoFriend not very long ago. :D

I have since obtained almost all of the missing pieces through PF and eBay. Being a completist ::), I'd also love to get an original box for this set one day too.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 17:16:55 »
well eddy, the 3550 misb is actually a very awful set, with no interest whatsoever. it has a big and hevy box, a nuisance in your shelf.
as a special favour, i am willing to releive you of that burden.
if you really think about it, you will no doubt find that the wisest thing for you to do would be to sell me your set.
:P
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 19:07:55 »
I'm still looking for a few sets for my collection MISB, but of course I won't keep them sealed except for my Playpeople collection. Some of the sets I want do turn up on ebay a few times during the year but I can't always afford them at the time or I'm not willing to pay such high prices for them.

I keep a list of the sets that I want to complete my main collection which is Playmobil available to the UK from 1981 in the following themes: Knights, Pirates, Indians and Western. I also collect a few other things like DS figures in my main themes and UK Catalogues.

My want List is,

For the Knights: 3445 Tower, 3446 Small castle, 3450 Large castle and the Dove girl Special 4526.

For the Pirates: 3544 Royal Guards, 3546 Sailors and a VI 3750.

For the Western: 3582 U.S. Soldiers, V1 or 2 3245 coach, 4121 cattle wagon and 3365 western family.

I also have a lot of exclusive sets and there are still a few more that I would like to add but I don't do regular searches for them.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 23:55:54 »
i share your interest in the spanish sets - the 9979 and the 9989 pirates. :)
but the one i am really looking for is the 3550 set, mib.
i have a complete one, made with the addition of several used ebay sets but i would really like to get my hands on a new one - just to be able to open the box and mount it from the begining, decide what stickers to use (there are a few options), cut the strings in the perfect lenght, etc.,
it would enable me also, to be totally sure that i would not be missing some pieces - one of the reasons of my mib compulsion.
8}

I have this old devil, but my front sail tore off.  The ship itself is designed fantastic.  I think I'm going to re-fit it for my renaissance guys.  The original set should have come with more cargo, though, like that recent with chickens and food.  But, the good: the anchor is lead or iron.  Does PM make them that way anymore?  Something to watch out for if you order from ebay: the bell that attaches to the lower masts rusts easily.  Mine is rusted solid and no longer rings.  You are right about the sticker selection.  It also came with two sets of flags.  You could deck it either as a pirate or British naval ship.  Or swap the flags out to sail in disguise.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 05:06:49 »
I am looking for an odd one that i have not seen on ebay or anywhere for that matter . It is not very exciting because it is just building parts . I want to construct a mining operation and these parts in the set would be perfect . The catch is i want about 10 of them . My other option is using System X and it would just loose its glamor and vintage style.  Oh ya the set is 7400 x 10
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Online CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 13:47:29 »
There are a few sets I am still looking for; mostly for my victorian collection.
These include the Pet-stand for the market, a organ grinder, a publicity stand, a few more streetlights and a victorian fence would be great ... and all for a (for me) affordable price ...  :-[

sigh ... keep on dreaming, Bogro  ;)

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.