Author Topic: Trolley's End Lodging House  (Read 6806 times)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Re: Trolley's End Lodging House
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 00:51:48 »
Thanks for the kind words, Elaine and Elric. 
Elaine I can't take credit for the ceiling wallpaper idea.  I think that was something that Nickers did and I thought it was a great idea for lightening up the rooms.  Most of the papers were from the scrapbooking section at Hobby Lobby.  I enjoyed doing the walls far more that the ceilings though.
Elric thanks for the offer of the living room and bathroom sets. Right now every horizontal surface in the rec room is covered with PM furniture.  8}  I will probably kick myself later, but am going to pass on your generous offer.
Joe   

"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 01:08:34 »
Wow, Joe, the Trolley's home doesn't dissappoint at all! Very beautiful. really love the boys' room!

Elric, how many PMs have you gotten about those two sets? :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 01:53:14 »
Yo Joe, an amazing looking place you have there!  Very cool, love the wallpaper and accesories.

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 12:43:27 »
Thank you both, now to straighten up the rec room!   :lol:
Joe
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 12:55:04 »
Joe - amazing! I love the fine details, love the wallpaper and love the size!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011, 12:33:44 »
Joe - amazing! I love the fine details, love the wallpaper and love the size!
Thank you, the size was a bit of a concern.  I had to steal a table from the living room and fashion a new top for it to fit the building.  I put wheels on the legs of the table so it could be moved, but it takes two to move it smoothly.  I think it is going to stay put in the rec room for quite a while, more to dust! :lol:
Joe
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2011, 15:40:49 »
WOW!!!

just WOW!!

What an amazing building Joe. I really like how it all just works. SO much to see, will you be populating it further as well? Make stories, whats the plan man. So many options with this beauty of a building.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 19:12:38 »
I just saw this today.  I was overly busy writing my last research paper for my classes I took over the summer (submitted it last night! - but not sure what to do now...).

It's fantastic. 

Okay, I've gotta ask, how did you turn it around to take the pictures?  I'm presuming you turned the whole table, not the structure?

I really can't get over how much more room it gives by turning the stairs around to face the other way and how I never thought of that before. 

The coloured curtains really give each room its own distinct flavour!

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 01:20:57 »
will you be populating it further as well? Make stories, whats the plan man.

Thanks Gis, I have characters all lined up.  You saw many of them in the pub room earlier.  I am not much of a storyteller, but have one idea anyway.  Have been busy helping my brother with the grape harvest, but once that is done I will have more time. 
Joe
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 01:33:14 »
Okay, I've gotta ask, how did you turn it around to take the pictures?  I'm presuming you turned the whole table, not the structure?

I really can't get over how much more room it gives by turning the stairs around to face the other way and how I never thought of that before. 

The coloured curtains really give each room its own distinct flavour!
Thanks for your comments,Wes.  I put wheels on the legs of the table so I could turn it.  I can do it by myself, but it goes more smoothly with two.  Turning the stairs involved a lot of part trimming.  I like the way it added more room in the kitchen especially.  Some of the curtains were original PM, others I cut out of felt.  I am not the best at matching colors (I have a little red-green color blindness,) so I am glad you liked them.  None of my new 4711s were sacrificed in the making.  ;)
Joe   
 - Ernest Hemingway