Author Topic: Seaside village  (Read 7249 times)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
Re: Seaside village
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 16:38:21 »
that's a very well varied dioarama / collection! :D
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 18:40:55 »
I love it. Where is that gorgeous waterfall from?

Makes me wanna spread playmobil all over the place!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms

Offline Skywalker

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 20:15:17 »
 :)9

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 21:34:04 »
Very Beautiful setup!
Bravo!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 23:50:49 »
Excellent village. The new harbor sets seem to fit right in. I agree the train station works great as a harbor-side building.
You've combined the vacation house with the modern house sunporch! It looks great! If you would care to post some closer pictures of it some time that would be wonderful.

Offline Malone

• Playmo Lover
  • CLICKMAKER
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 03:58:59 »
I love your diorama and every detail......Fantastic!!!!

Take care with the Tsunami.... ;D

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 10:24:00 »
 :wave: Great set up, Birdie!  The central harbor is very neat and everything seems to blend in beautifully.  Thanks for the wonderful pictures.  ;D
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 11:31:18 »
Thanks a lot for your kind comments, everyone!

If I had a huge table I would definitely put my playmo's on there, because crouching down on the floor, trying to peer into the houses and arrange furniture, isn't as easy now as when I was 10 years old  :lol:   

Anyway, since there has been more bad weather over here, I put some of the advice I got from reading the forum into practice:
- I was really happy to find some felt with the exact same colour as the curtains of the Victorian mansions. I was able to remake the real curtains I lost years ago.  :yippee:
- I went to the garden/hardware center and I found a lot of cheap stuff to make the village look more realistic: small pebbles, sand, straw, soil, even some woolly green carpets that look like freshly mown 'playmobil' lawns.
- There was a roll of wallpaper on sale with a pattern of very small tile-like squares. It's genius  :love:  It even has some dolphins in the pattern to match my seaside theme.
- Last but not least, I found some sort of plastic 'paper', black on one side and sandy/grainy on the other side. I have no idea what people use it for in every day life because you could get it in big rolls the size of wallpaper. But it looks exactly like a beach surface. I couldn't believe it!

I'll post some new pictures in a few hours.

@ bonniebeth: Thank you so much for the info on photo bucket. I'm going to try it with the new photo's I make... hope I get it right.

@ Tiermann: I'll make some detailed pictures of the holiday house + sunporch shortly. I was a bit disappointed with the 'new' click-system though. I thought it would be easier to combine all kinds of buildings with it, but the different roofs, hights and lay-outs of each building still limit the set-up to the one on the box basically.
Anyway, I managed to throw things around a bit with the holiday house :)