Author Topic: Deep divers in an aquarium.  (Read 11704 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Deep divers in an aquarium.
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 18:22:40 »
Hm, that's a good idea, having the clips glued in, so you can take all the rocks out to clean. Do you think hot glue is safe for fish?

No worse than cured silicone used by factories to seal the glass.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 18:26:43 »
Good point! Now I just need to find room for an aquarium in my over-crowded house! The one I had before was 20-gallon, and I would really like to go bigger. I'd love to have a mini-diorama in there, with scuba divers, shark cage and shark, rocks, coral, diving bell, possibly even a small shipwreck, all playmobil! If we ever do build an outbuilding for our playmobil, which would have to be ACed anyway to keep the plastic from melting in this heat, I could have the aquarium out there. I'd spend a lot of time out there anyway.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 18:38:48 »
One word of caution, you would need to insulate the building, & the AC unit would need to be a least 220 amp service. It costs out the tush to power an uninsulated building, & too hot will kill your fish :o.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 18:40:53 »
Bill, got any subs? I have the small diving bell (#4478) and the big Trieste/Research Submarine (LOVE it!), and the small Nautila (#3064) is incoming.

My first diver was the modern Deep Diver. In fact, it was the first klicky I bought for myself as an adult, which started this landslide.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 18:41:16 »
One word of caution, you would need to insulate the building, & the AC unit would need to be a least 220 amp service. It costs out the tush to power an uninsulated building, & too hot will kill your fish :o.
Oh, yes, I'm definitely big on insulation. You can't POSSIBLY keep anything remotely cool here without really good insulation. Especially since all the trees we used to have behind our house are now gone and there is no shade.  ::)
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 19:09:52 »
Bill, got any subs? I have the small diving bell (#4478) and the big Trieste/Research Submarine (LOVE it!), and the small Nautila (#3064) is incoming.

My first diver was the modern Deep Diver. In fact, it was the first klicky I bought for myself as an adult, which started this landslide.

Yes, I have 2 4469 Research Ships, 1 4473 large Research Sub, 8 4479 Deep Divers, 1 4500 Shark Cage, but I'm being required to stop from collecting the 4489 whale & 4488 underwater sealife sets due to money restraints :'(! This theme is one I really like. :love:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 19:37:29 »
Yes, I have 2 4469 Research Ships, 1 4473 large Research Sub, 8 4479 Deep Divers, 1 4500 Shark Cage, but I'm being required to stop from collecting the 4489 whale & 4488 underwater sealife sets due to money restraints :'(! This theme is one I really like. :love:

Me too! Im only missing the big ship   :(
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 22:25:43 »
The big ship is awesome! With the microscope, test tubes, rear crane, & female captain, it's great! :love:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 22:28:42 »
The big ship is awesome! With the microscope, test tubes, rear crane, & female captain, it's great! :love:

I finally managed to get one!!! Its a really great set!!! Plus the female captain...  :love:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 22:29:21 »
I think i may have to give in and go for this one, too, along with the diving bell!  :love: They have the diving bell at my TRU, and I may get it soon. It's a pretty cool theme, and even though I never intended to collect it, I've ended up with every set except these two!