Author Topic: Deep divers in an aquarium.  (Read 11703 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: Deep divers in an aquarium.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 15:00:39 »
Great photos Bill :wow: :wow: :wow:
I just love the divers and underwater theme :love:

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 14:10:27 »
Very cool photos.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 14:26:27 »
Thank you Jeremy, Gordon, flatcat, Elric, Annie, Gepetto, & Richard for your positive comments regarding this project! I truly appreciate your alls support  ;D!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline SubaruWolf

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 18:13:17 »
Your underwater photos are great, Bill!  It makes me remember all the fun I had with my toys when I was little.  I'd frequently fill up a sink with water and toss a bunch of toys in though water did inevitable end up going all over the place and that activity was somewhat frowned upon.

I think there's no better way to enjoy Playmobil's underwater themed sets.  I've always thought it would just be kind of weird playing with them out of water.  ::)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 18:39:22 »

I'd frequently fill up a sink with water and toss a bunch of toys in ... I think there's no better way to enjoy Playmobil's underwater themed sets.

How BIG is your sink, SubaruWolf? ...  :o

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 18:51:27 »
Great pictures Bill!!  :)9

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline SubaruWolf

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 20:51:08 »

How BIG is your sink, SubaruWolf? ...  :o

Haha, not very big at all, Richard.  I didn't have Playmo toys to play with when I was little but had several other small toys and sets of animals that I loved to play with in water.  For a small child with a collection of small toys, an average bathroom sink worked just fine.

Now if I had had several of the Playmobil underwater sets as a child, I would have needed the bathtub to properly play with them!  ;D

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 18:08:51 »
I realize this is a very old topic, but I have to ask you, BB.  I kept an aquarium for years, and it's a lot of work, but I LOVED it. Been thinking about getting another one, and I was thinking of decorating it with playmobil. Only thing I was thinking was, doesn't playmobil float? How do you keep the blue rocks and all from floating to the top?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 18:18:16 »
I don't mind at all bb. The divers are self weighted, & I hot glued the plastic rocks to the bottom to prevent floating. You can always modify & hot glue the rock clips to the bottom to remove the rocks in case of a severe algae outbreak leaving the clips still attached to the bottom. When I say modify the clips, they swivel, & if you flatten the round peg portion of the clip by cutting, grinding, etc., it can be attached semi permanent to the bottom.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 18:21:11 »
Hm, that's a good idea, having the clips glued in, so you can take all the rocks out to clean. Do you think hot glue is safe for fish?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.