Author Topic: Photos of a modern town street  (Read 4941 times)

Offline townklicky

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • Coffee and Play
Photos of a modern town street
« on: January 28, 2009, 18:14:49 »
Hi

These are pictures of a town I built on my dining table for my two children as a surprise when they had been away for a few days visiting their Grandad.
(it ended up larger than i planned, and took way longer, but was really good fun building.)

Yes the road is blue! I did not have anything to use for road surface at the time, but this is going to be rectified soon using the construction asphalt.

I have been trawling through photos that I have taken over the last few years, and will hopefully post lots more soon.

Thanks Adrian

Constantly rebuilding my playmobil town called Playmacia (pronounced PLAY MAKER)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: Photos of a modern town street
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 18:36:23 »
What a great set-up, Adrian!  :clap:  I bet the kids loved it when they got home.  What I especially like is the way you have intermingled the old and the new and all that activity, as well - this is truly the way many real towns look with a mix of buildings from many time periods.   :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 18:44:27 »
I am sure that was a real treat for your children when they came home! I agree with Indianna that there is so much going on you could spend a lot of time just soaking it all in, very good job and thank you for sharing these photos with us. :wow:

Gepetto

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 19:18:40 »
it looks great - wouldn't be out of place on a large Playmo-fair.
Realy nice ... I bet the kids were over the moon when they saw it!

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 19:52:49 »
Wow impressive!

I too like the combination of the old and new houses, nowadays most of the old towns have just that mix i them.
You have really captured the spirit.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 00:45:00 »
Great stuff . I too like the mix of old and new architecture
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 06:47:24 »
Excellent - one to look at time and again!  I especially the way the new buildings are squeezed in between the old, and the new one in build.  Really wonderful scene.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline nicki72

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 16:10:28 »
Wow--this is a bustling little town!  Love it--I bet your kids were tickled to come home to this!
"If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good." ~~Dr. Seuss

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 12:16:31 »
Cool!   :)9  There is a lot happening.  It reminds me of those old "Where's Waldo" books which were a lot of fun.
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Kelly

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 13:46:18 »
Look - gas is only $1.25.  I want to live there!! I love the blue convertable.

What did you use for the 2-story system-X buildings?  I have been wanting to make some small buildings for the bakery and butcher without buying the corner store sets . . . but don't think I have enough extra pieces anyway.  That is a good way to house two stores under one roof.

Kelly