Author Topic: DeAgostini / Planeta figures - series II : "Jobs" (not Steve)  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Those (all?) of you who live on Cakebook will most probably already have seen the following pics.
So these are for the few of us (or just me?) who live elsewhere.

Looks like the newest Planeta / DeAgostini Playmobil figures will completely be about "modern-day jobs"...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: DeAgostini / Planeta figures - series II : "Jobs" (not Steve)
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 04:10:00 »
Hmmm, methinks the designers aren't very familiar with certain jobs. Unless of course carpenters do actually wear gumboots in Spain.

How are these any different to the existing city life stuff?

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 08:22:57 »
It doesn't affect me, because these are weren't available in the UK (I think) but it does seem very 'will this do?'. They're mostly themes that are/have been very well represented.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 08:59:52 »
Yes, they will be the same price (aka expensive as Hades), and I am not sure about new parts.. maybe a hat color or a torso variant?

Still, then there's the hassle and incompetence factor. There have been 3 failed weeks - as in no delivery - with the current series. Not new, afaik... Why can't we have a decent company handling this?

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 20:43:05 »
Yes, they will be the same price (aka expensive as Hades), and I am not sure about new parts.. maybe a hat color or a torso variant?

Still, then there's the hassle and incompetence factor. There have been 3 failed weeks - as in no delivery - with the current series. Not new, afaik... Why can't we have a decent company handling this?

You mean like a company that offers the figures on their own without the magazine and makes it easy to order the figures or even allows the magazines to be purchased directly instead of as installments?

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 07:48:05 »
Those figures are as boring as most of the Mystery Fi?ures.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 12:46:40 »
I've put them in the db, 2019pr - Professions Collection as much as I know about for now - I found one pre-existing figure already, but I think they're mostly recombinations like History. (Also online, 2016ah - Adventures in History, only missing a few blister pack numbers.) I'm not going to clip out all the tiny pics from the PDF - as the good pictures come online, I'll add them into the right places, along with the blisterpacks when I get some part number info.

Big jobs ahead: describing all the klickies, and adding all their accessories. I'll pick away at it. Help appreciated!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 10:10:03 »
Those figures are as boring as most of the Mystery Fi?ures.
I think a lot of them have been good, maybe many are generic too, but overall I've liked the concept. The biggest failing is that they're so restricted. Maybe with these Movie ones they'll start to produce more varied series alongside their current random one.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2019, 06:09:02 »
Hmmm, methinks the designers aren't very familiar with certain jobs. Unless of course carpenters do actually wear gumboots in Spain.

Is that really a carpenter? I wouldn't hire a carpenter who mainly wields an axe.