Author Topic: To boldly go....  (Read 12100 times)

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
Re: To boldly go....
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2011, 20:37:08 »
...where no man has gone before!
Awesome Panos! I'd never seen this thread before. Thanks conniefrere for digging it out!
From time to time, Panos, you come up with a jewel like this one, or the "None shall pass" story (my favourite!).
If you look closely, Star Trek was a cheap show. They never used more than three satges for one episode. 1-the bridge, 2-the teleportation room, 3-the Alien planet/ship. But man, I loved this show!
Far behind StarWars obviously!
Best,
Arnaud
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2011, 20:53:58 »
Thanks for digging this thread Atto!! Glad you still enjoy it guys  :) I thought it would remain in the cupboard  :lol:

From time to time, Panos, you come up with a jewel like this one, or the "None shall pass" story (my favourite!).
If you look closely, Star Trek was a cheap show. They never used more than three satges for one episode. 1-the bridge, 2-the teleportation room, 3-the Alien planet/ship.

Unfortunately my creativity and fanatsy was killed by my pedestrian teenage life and its dulness :( It feels exchausting to do something this good nowadays ... but as you said, it happens from time to time...

I grew up with TNG, but looking back at the Original Series, it had its magic... I talked before about the comparison of Star Trek and Star Wars... For me the Original Series, looking back at it, was an optimistic version of the history of mankind, whereas Star Wars is presented as the saga of one man, one hero... a hero with a thousand faces...

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2011, 21:17:22 »
Thanks for digging this thread Atto!! Glad you still enjoy it guys  :) I thought it would remain in the cupboard  :lol:

Unfortunately my creativity and fanatsy was killed by my pedestrian teenage life and its dulness :( It feels exchausting to do something this good nowadays ... but as you said, it happens from time to time...

I grew up with TNG, but looking back at the Original Series, it had its magic... I talked before about the comparison of Star Trek and Star Wars... For me the Original Series, looking back at it, was an optimistic version of the history of mankind, whereas Star Wars is presented as the saga of one man, one hero... a hero with a thousand faces...

For me I only knew Star Wars only later found out about Star Trek. This thread made me thinking If I could somehow customize a wookie from a klicky. ;D Any ideas???
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2011, 21:20:45 »
For me I only knew Star Wars only later found out about Star Trek. This thread made me thinking If I could somehow customize a wookie from a klicky. ;D Any ideas???

you could use one of the tall wood legged clowns from 3808 - Clown Team and cover him in hair, maybe even change his head with a monkey/ape one...

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2011, 21:23:29 »

If you look closely, Star Trek was a cheap show. They never used more than three satges for one episode. 1-the bridge, 2-the teleportation room, 3-the Alien planet/ship. But man, I loved this show!
Far behind StarWars obviously!
Best,
Arnaud

Interesting tidbit some of the bridge consoles/controls on the original Enterprise were USED props from the Jupiter 2 from Lost in Space!  So yeah, they were REALLY CHEAP!  And then, the floor of the original transporter (the one with the circles that you stand on that light up as you're being transported) was re-used as the CEILING lights of TNG Enterprise-D transporter room!  
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2011, 21:26:24 »
you could use one of the tall wood legged clowns from 3808 - Clown Team and cover him in hair, maybe even change his head with a monkey/ape one...

Not a bad idea, or the treasure hunters guardian legs. http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=4849

Thx
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2011, 02:47:30 »
Wow!!! This is fantastic! Aaron would have loved this. Great attention to detail, Panos  :clap:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2011, 06:35:57 »
Star Trek photostories !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:picsplz: :picsplz: :picsplz: :picsplz: :picsplz: :picsplz: :picsplz: :picsplz:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:16:55 by Wolf Knight »
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: